Mobil 1 ESP

Status
Not open for further replies.
C30 = VW 504.00/507.00, fyi

It's a really heavy 30 with HTHS better than 3.5. Should be a decent oil. Easy to find, fairly cheap.

Thanks, yeah this is a good oil for any engine based on the VW spec. Good for emission system too.

Yeah, this is your usual Euro oil. Low TBN and very low additives I don't even think calcium is over 800. Some say it is OK others use different oil. I now you don't have many choices for the C30. I think Amsoil has a certified oil that includes C30.

What kind of driving are you doing? There's some good ester-heavy oils out there that meet 504/507 that would work nicely.

Wait, is your car C30 or A40? There's two specs out there. I thought 504/507 is for the Cayenne or something?

I like the LZ tool. No, I would be using it in a Honda Accord and Mazda 3.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Easy to find, fairly cheap.

Where is it easy to find for fairly cheap?
20.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
It's a low SAPs oil. I don't see a point in using this oil instead of M1 0w-40 unless you have a modern diesel engine.

I agree with Pete. This is an oil that I need to pour into my VW TDI Diesel. I feel that I need this oil to protect my complicated and expensive exhaust system.

At this point, until I get different information....I would never pour this oil into a gasser.

Yep that is true. The VW 507/C30 spec is very demanding though based on the LZ chart and this oil can be used in gas engines.

Originally Posted By: buster
Yep that is true. The VW 507/C30 spec is very demanding though based on the LZ chart and this oil can be used in gas engines.

Some car manufacturers, mainly BMW and Mercedes, specifically advise against the use of these low-SAPs oils in gasoline engines outside of Europe, citing incompatibility with lower quality gasoline outside of Europe, but I have yet to find any hard data on this. However, if it is true, then an oil such as the Amsoil Euro you linked to with low TBN may have a tough time making it to 15K miles, which is the typical OCI recommended by these car manufacturers.

Undoubtedly a great oil but the wrong application.
Stick with the spec' oil. A slight increase in oil consumption in a high mileage engine that otherwise runs well is not a sufficient reason to go with a higher viscosity oil, particularly the quantum leap from a 2.6cP to a 3.6cP oil.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Some car manufacturers, mainly BMW and Mercedes, specifically advise against the use of these low-SAPs oils in gasoline engines outside of Europe, citing incompatibility with lower quality gasoline outside of Europe, but I have yet to find any hard data on this. However, if it is true, then an oil such as the Amsoil Euro you linked to with low TBN may have a tough time making it to 15K miles, which is the typical OCI recommended by these car manufacturers.

Yep, and I don't think they'd just make an arbitrary choice on it. VW/Audi could save a lot of money if they just had a single oil for all their cars, yet they don't...

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM

Undoubtedly a great oil but the wrong application.
Stick with the spec' oil. A slight increase in oil consumption in a high mileage engine that otherwise runs well is not a sufficient reason to go with a higher viscosity oil, particularly the quantum leap from a 2.6cP to a 3.6cP oil.

cheers3.gif

Well, technically if you live in an area like me, where there are lots of no-ethanol fuel station, and in a case where extended oci's are not going to be done for warranty reason's, this still could be a good oil choice.

I'm seriously wanting to try this oil as I think it may do really well for direct injected cars and the thicker HTHS is welcome do to a turbo. I wish there were some UOA's out there where people have ran this oil in the States. I need to get some in my stash as I'm really wanting to give it a go.

Quote:
for direct injected cars and the thicker HTHS is welcome do to a turbo

Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back