Lube Control FP Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see at Shell gas stations they have a display with 2 intake valves:
one using regular gas and the other with V-Power gas.

Do the valves really get that dirty or is this just marketing?

How often would a person have to use FP to keep things nice and clean ?

Originally Posted By: Thatwouldbegreat
I've used the Lubecontrol products for years.

I think the fuel products improve mileage, provide smooth engine operation, keep things clean, add lubricity.

LC-20 seems to be every bit as good an oil additive as they claim...

Tough to beat the value of the Lubecontrol in gallon jugs.

I'm a believer too, but want to hear from anyone with FP+ Diesel experience. Any users?
BTW - I hope it is soy based, good benefits from that.

I'm a rookie...received my first 2 gallons of FP Plus about a month ago. Terry Dyson wanted me to use it, or RLI instead of MMO, so here we go!

I use the FP Plus Diesel/Biodiesel additive almost every tank in my Duramax and my VW TDI's...good stuff, IMHO.

I also use Redline SI-1 and 84 Plus or Catalyst for Diesel. I keep them in the vehicles in case I get bad fuel

I also use Auto RX to clean the engine or as a maintenance dose for cars that are away most of the time and the the 1000 mile LC 20 tough ups and FP Plus are not feasible. they get the full bottle of Redline instead.

I also like using Lubro Moly Diesel Purge to fill up fuel filters on the diesels and let them idle for 10 minutes when I change the filter.

I am done with my first FP60 jug and am going to try FP Plus next. Like others, the main benefit is keeping th engine clean and if I get better MPG that is icing on the cake.

Originally Posted By: ChiTDI
Good procedures for the fuel filter, I'll give that a try. What's the purpose of the 10 min idle?

The technique with Diesel Purge is the disconnect the in and return fuel hoses, put the hoses in a bottle fille with Diesel Purge and run the car, at idle, on the Diesel Purge.

The lazy way is change the fuel filter, fill it with Diesel Purge, and let the engine run at idle for 10 minutes. Thats what I do, and it works fine.

Thanks for that, I'm not really familiar with the product. Injector cleaner and pump cleaner for better performance I assume.

I've been running FP60/FP3000/+ for over two years now and it does seem to help keep things cleaner in the fuel system as well as helping in stabilizing gasoline. This is very important to me especially in my '77 454 Chev pickup which gets about one tank per year now, and some seldom-used OPE.

I have been very pleased with FP as well as LC. I do hope they continue manufacturing the stuff!

I have been using FUEL POWER and LUBE CONTROL for over five years and in six vehicles, with mileage totalling over 200,000. Zero fuel-related problems, gasoline or diesel, with the biggest benefits going to carb'd vehicles (smoother idle hot or cold, easier start when hot-soaked; able to adjust idle after use for better vacuum reading).

I have also given it to family members for their use. All have seen some benefit, sometimes a mileage increase OR the ability to run lower-octane fuel.

In used vehicles, some 25 or nearly 30 years old, LC-20 cleaned up the varnish significantly on under-valve cover inspection or removal. I always did a Mola-Soak to get the crud out, THEN switched to ARx to get more cleaning done. Valve rattle under part-throttle eliminated by the LC-20FP-60.

Can't beat the price for the benefit. ARx, different animal, is what I use at about 30m miles to get the rest of the clean-up.

I have plenty of posts on these products since the board began, and used LC-20 nearly 40-years ago when it was called Microlube (and used it some B&S engines on lawn equipment that lasted 27 and 41 years).

Yes, they work, and work very well.

On my current Dodge CTD my recorded mileage in-town is as high as anyone I've seen posted who kept records (19.3 this calendar year for a 7,400-lb truck in the city), and the manual transmission (New Venture 5600) smoothed out a little when I added some at fluid change. I added LC-20 to other fluids prior to changeout.

I occasionally throw something else in the fuel (Stanadyne), but I see no reason to change after such great performance.

I have a UOA from five years ago (2, back to back) on a Jeep that shows the change from using this product: a nice change in the UOA.

I've had the benefit of being able to consult with Odis Beavers, the former owner of the products, and Terry Dysons input as well.

It's not well known, here, with too many members nowadays, but it deserves to be.

Does exactly what it says it will do.

Last edited:
Quote:
Does anyone know what the deal is about FP+ having soy in it? I drink soy milk. Does FP+ have soy milk in it? Just kidding about that but I would like to know what this soy ingredient is and does.

It is a special ester derived from soy oil. Burns clean and green, acts as a fuel system and injector cleaner, and as a fuel injector and UCL lubricating agent.

Quote:
sorry guys i stopped using fuel products that comtain oil in them for i learned the hard way..i now use redline si-1 it is slippery and a detergent but has no oils in it..it never did make sense when oil burns dirties up everything.

All fuel adds have some oil in them, usually called, "top oils."

Last edited:
I'm also a believer, I've been using FP-60 for about 3 years now. Will probably switch to FP-3000 sometime soon.

During my time using it I've never had any fuel related problems. No misfire codes, dirty injectors, hard starts, etc. I don't keep close track of gas mileage, so I'm unsure of whether it has an effect or not.

It does seem to keep the engine clean. I'd been using it for about a year during the last tailpipe emissions test I had on my car when I lived in IL. ALL of the categories such as CO and HC's were WAY below failing spec, and were even less than the previous test where I hadn't been using FP-60. That pretty much sold it for me, seeing how it was helping my engine to burn so cleanly.

The amount of discussion for this product seems to have waned in the last couple years. Awhile back it was a popular topic. The consensus was always that it seemed to be a quality product, so I think people just ran out of things to discuss about it.

I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
OK, I've been using FP+ for a couple of months now in my 3 vehicles and lawn mower. I was using Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel for a year or so before that. And before that, it was mostly Techron concentrate.

Here's my observations so far:

JD L111 lawnmower- seems to run smoother with easier starts and less backfiring. It seems to burn less fuel too.

2003 G35 Sedan- this is a fuel diluter and I'm noticing less fuel smell on the dipstick. Car runs smoothly, but my wife drives it and I can't give you an honest opinion on fuel mileage improvements. My next UOA will determine how pleased I am on this one.

2000 Tundra (V-8)- My last UOA showed a marked improvement on fuel dilution and wear metals. But I also replaced all the O2 sensors when I installed JBA headers before the UOA. One of the OEM exhaust manifolds had a small leak too. The engine runs great, but there is a lot more engine noise with the new headers. I don't have anything to report about MPG improvements though, since I don't have a regular routine.

2004 S2000- This one is baffling me. While using FP+ I was also doing a Auto-RX clean phase. When I changed the oil and filter to start the rinse phase, valvetrain noise came back with a vengance. So I decided to go back to MMO in the fuel and it has quieted the noise to almost nothing in less than one tank. I will try the FP+ again when I move on to the ARX maintenance dose. I have nothing to report about fuel economy. This car is pretty easy on gas, but doesn't get driven for fuel economy.

I know that my observations are incomplete and inconclusive, but I think FP+ is a worthy product to help in some ways with our less than stellar E10 fuels. All of my vehicles and lawnmower are in some phase of ARX treatment, so that's a variable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back