How much Techron concentrate/Regane for a motorcycle that has sat a lot? (Just bought used)

Recently bought a 2018 Honda CB500f fuel injected parallel twin. It has 1300 miles and owner left it sitting a lot with fuel. Never used anything but 87 gas from wherever was cheapest

Seems to run well but wouldn’t mind trying an additive just to see if there is anything hiding.

Techron Concentrste Plus, Regane complete? 3.5 gallon tank so how much should I be using? I know most these are for ‘up to’ 21 gallons.

Thoughts?

Just do the math (simple ratio). If a 12 ounce bottle of Regane treats 21 gallons of gas then adjust this for your 4.5 gallon fuel tank on the motorcycle. 12 ounce per 21 gallons would be 2.6 ounces per 4.5 gallons.

You state that your bike has a 3.5 gallon tank so if that's the case then the ratio works out to 2 ounces. **this was edited to address the tank capacity.

I've had good luck with both Techron and Redline Si-1. Both are good products with appropriate levels of PEA.

Quote: (Redline) It contains the most PEA of any cleaner on the market and PEA is what you want. As quoted in Road & Track: "PEA is the cleaning agent found in any truly effective complete fuel system cleaner. It is the strongest cleaning agent available in fuel additives.

here is the math:
(oz of bottle/# of gallons it treats)*gallons you want to treat
(12/21)/3.5=
.5714*3.5=2

I'd check the current product label but Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner used to be a 1 oz of CFSC to 1 gallon of gasoline maximum...the bottles used to also have "up to..." regarding a 12 oz bottle treating up to 21 gallons of gasoline...

Bill

Back