Your new car is watching you and collecting data

Everything we do these days entails some sort of data of ours being collected whether we like it or not. A guy could spend every waking hour trying to find new ways to prevent this but there is no way to make any significant headway so I just don't worry about it.

You’re right. I’m sure something could be doing something I suppose.

Turning it off was one of the first things we did when it was new at the dealer. It also monitors oil life/ oil changes and other maintenance. We haven’t received any notifications on that either.
You likely turned off the notifications....not the service. Who knows. Good luck

The tech may be new, but... I caught on real fast back in the 1980s that there were lots of eyeballs in town that would report to my dad when and where they saw his car. I knew not to drive that car to places I shouldn't have been... (My little brother, on the other hand, never caught on to that for some reason)

You fit right in on here.....

What dinosaur do you drive?
91 yj is oldest ancient tech
1999 k2500 Suburban 7.4 not so ancient tech, but kind of
2004 k2500 Suburban stroked 6.0 to 6.6 , last good tech
2015 k3500, still last good tech, but nearing the bad tech

no real classics yet, would love to have real classic to our generation

Reactions: CKN
91 yj is oldest ancient tech
1999 k2500 Suburban 7.4 not so ancient tech, but kind of
2004 k2500 Suburban stroked 6.0 to 6.6 , last good tech
2015 k3500, still last good tech, but nearing the bad tech

no real classics yet, would love to have real classic to our generation
Congrats, you have lots of nanny stuff in there too. Not to mention your phone…

Everything we do these days entails some sort of data of ours being collected whether we like it or not. A guy could spend every waking hour trying to find new ways to prevent this but there is no way to make any significant headway so I just don't worry about it.
not everything

1688129198917.jpg
I found 3 cars that were watching me. :ROFLMAO:

And cameras are everywhere. Freeways, shopping centers, homes. I worked as a programmer for 911 Police and Fire dispatch for a few months; this was in the late 80's or maybe early 90's. The data on individuals available on their computers, even back then, was amazing. I got to look at my record; there was stuff I had long forgotten and stuff I had no idea how they got.

I have to believe nowadays the amount of information on each of us is staggering and is probalbly available worldwide in seconds.

And cameras are everywhere. Freeways, shopping centers, homes. I worked as a programmer for 911 Police and Fire dispatch for a few months; this was in the late 80's or maybe early 90's. The data on individuals available on their computers, even back then, was amazing. I got to look at my record; there was stuff I had long forgotten and stuff I had no idea how they got.

I have to believe nowadays the amount of information on each of us is staggering and is probalbly available worldwide in seconds.
agreed. You will ahve to accept the mark, or else.

I can't help but wonder what the people who are worried about this, are doing in their cars.
The issue is privacy, and the invasion of. Not that everyone is doing the devils work in their cars.

If so many people are worried about efficiency and cost, they why add all these systems that add no value to the vehicle as a whole, running, driving, stopping etc.?

It is my opinion that those who "dont care", also dont care much about their freedom as an individual.

The issue is privacy, and the invasion of. Not that everyone is doing the devils work in their cars.

If so many people are worried about efficiency and cost, they why add all these systems that add no value to the vehicle as a whole, running, driving, stopping etc.?

It is my opinion that those who "dont care", also dont care much about their freedom as an individual.

If I want privacy then staying home on my large acreage works for me.

Once I get in my car I just assume that my privacy has ended.

I could black out the windows, remove the license plates, and drive a 1945 ford, but don't.

Back