Wife bought a Keurig

I've had one for about three years . I use Community Dark Roast pods . I was raised on Community Coffee and I'm quite satisfied with the results .

What pods are you using in the Nespresso machine?
A variety. Still exploring.

Caffeinated:
Nespresso seems to be winning, came with unit. But expensive.
illy makes great coffee in all other forms, but I find their Nespresso pods lackluster
Peet's. Those are good! But have not tried all varieties

Decaf:
Both Nesspresso and illy not great
I have 3 different decaf brands coming today!

Early phases of testing!

To me, Keurig coffee be like.

0c9edaee4ab3af22612269e40acf7c66.gif

Just no on pods.

Pods are always filled with stale coffee. (Same with canned coffee.) The reason for this is because freshly roasted coffee releases CO2 and other gases as it ages after being roasted. This is why higher end coffee comes packaged with one way valves in the sealed bags. If they didn't, then there is a risk that the bags would burst as the coffee degases. The fresher the roasted coffee, the more it degases. This means that packaged coffee in completely sealed containers like cans or pods must be "pre-staled" before it's sealed.

Just no on pods.

Pods are always filled with stale coffee. (Same with canned coffee.) The reason for this is because freshly roasted coffee releases CO2 and other gases as it ages after being roasted. This is why higher end coffee comes packaged with one way valves in the sealed bags. If they didn't, then there is a risk that the bags would burst as the coffee degases. The fresher the roasted coffee, the more it degases. This means that packaged coffee in completely sealed containers like cans or pods must be "pre-staled" before it's sealed.
Fill your own pods. Problem solved.

Had Tim Horton's Breakfast Blend via Keurig branded pods in a Keurig machine which let you select one of three "water levels".
The instructional cup was a 10 oz. mug. I selected the middle level for my second cup.
Both were zipola in the flavor department.
I take solace in the plastic waste I created.

Coffee is a personal thing. If you’re married it’s one more thing you don’t agree on. Wife is a pod fan with a one cup Keurig. I prefer a daily grind with a hand grinder and a French press. No one wants to die on Coffee Hill.

It's interesting.

First I will say I only drink decaf. But that does not mean I drink urinal coffee or watered down coffee.

I have mentioned I blend GOOD beans and do pour over. Works well.

So my wife wanted a Keurig. "For guests". She picked it out along with some AM reuseable holders. She purposely got the narrow unit with 5 nozzles. I forget the model name, but it was under $100. Didn't come with any pods so I ordered a couple from Bezos.

The unit arrived and we cycled it empty a few times. Not having any pods, I ground some coffee and brewed some cups. Hmmmmm.light.weak.hmmm.read.read.read.

Did a finer grind, maxed the basket and tamped it down. THAT worked. Good cup.

Been messing with it a week. It's simple, easy and straight forward.

Pods came. No. Just no. Will get into this later. Plus I will discuss my thoughts on Keurig as a whole.
What is AM reusable holder?

Pods came. No. Just no. Will get into this later. Plus I will discuss my thoughts on Keurig as a whole.
I look forward to your comments. I've been using Nespresso machines and pods for several years and find them acceptable for a quick afternoon pick-me-up but somewhat lacking when I want a "real" cup, such as my morning jolt. The pod machines are also nice when guests stop by.

I've been thinking about trying reusable capsules, so I'm interested in your thoughts about them, too.

I look forward to your comments. I've been using Nespresso machines and pods for several years and find them acceptable for a quick afternoon pick-me-up but somewhat lacking when I want a "real" cup, such as my morning jolt. The pod machines are also nice when guests stop by.
We are talking about Keurig pods, no?

Just no on pods.

The pods are leftovers from what goes in bags and cans of ground coffee. Floor sweepings.

We are talking about Keurig pods, no?
Yes. While I use Nespresso I'm interested in your experiences with Keurig. While the machines are not the same I'd imagine they are similar enough that some of your experiences may br similar or may give me some ideas.

Back