First New Coffeemaker in 9 Years!

Love my Ninja drip coffeemaker along with the McDonald’s McCafe classic premium roast coffee. Both fit my not so refined palate.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.jpeg
    IMG_1315.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 13
they are called smart plugs just make sure you get a 15amp rated one.
I've been using kasa which is tplink so I only have 1 app.. or can link to alexa
"alexa turn on coffee" *beep*
here is a 2pk for $13
Well I don't have Alexa or Google the Google version of it Google home I think it's called.
Now, can I just control it with an app from my smartphone?

I had a Behmor Brazen coffeemaker that never did work right. The mechanism that distributes the water over the brew basket would not do so evenly resulting in some of the grounds remaining dry. I ran water through the machine without the brew basket into a pot and I could see this. Behmor replaced the machine when I sent them pictures but the replacement wasn’t much better. I replaced it with a Moccamaster. I shut the manual drip valve on the Moccamaster and let the water saturate the grounds then stir, and open the valve. This compensates for any deficiencies in the shower head.

Hope your new Behmor works better than mine did.

I had a Behmor Brazen coffeemaker that never did work right. The mechanism that distributes the water over the brew basket would not do so evenly resulting in some of the grounds remaining dry. I ran water through the machine without the brew basket into a pot and I could see this. Behmor replaced the machine when I sent them pictures but the replacement wasn’t much better. I replaced it with a Moccamaster. I shut the manual drip valve on the Moccamaster and let the water saturate the grounds then stir, and open the valve. This compensates for any deficiencies in the shower head.

Hope your new Behmor works better than mine did.
That’s interesting.

I’ll check mine.

I know that the valve mechanism can get clogged with lime scale over time. Do you think that could have been a factor with yours?

I don’t know about that. I did not descale it. I do descale my Moccamaster because they require it about every 3 months. I don’t remember if Behmor required it in their instructions. The Behmor would make good coffee but you needed to use more coffee or it would be weak. I do think it was a really good design except for the water distribution issue. I hope you post on your experience with your Behmor.

I don’t know about that. I did not descale it. I do descale my Moccamaster because they require it about every 3 months. I don’t remember if Behmor required it in their instructions. The Behmor would make good coffee but you needed to use more coffee or it would be weak. I do think it was a really good design except for the water distribution issue. I hope you post on your experience with your Behmor.
Do you remember which iteration you had?

There have been at least 4 in the approximately 10 years since the Brazen was released.

The original, the "Plus", the "2.0", and the "3.0", I believe, with each model improving upon the last or correcting some problem that was identified.

It's interesting that yours didn't distribute the water evenly, because uneven water distribution, according to designer/owner Joe Behm, was one of the main problems that other coffeemakers had, which he set out to solve with the development of the Brazen.

I have the latest Brazen Plus 3.0, and haven't had any problems with the water distribution.

My Brazen Plus was ordered in November of 2017. I no longer have the photos or videos of it to share. I don’t know what iteration of it it was.

My Brazen Plus was ordered in November of 2017. I no longer have the photos or videos of it to share. I don’t know what iteration of it it was.
After your post, I observed how the water was coming out of the sprayhead on my Brazen Plus 3.0 (the latest version).

Indeed, the water was only coming out of the center 8 holes, so I reasoned that it could have limescale buildup (I use a Zero Water, which removes all minerals, but I remineralize using Third Wave Water packets).

I de-scaled using Urnex Dezcal solution, and the problem seems to have been rectified.

I was a bit surprised that it scaled up the showerhead after only a month, but then, the Third Wave Water is fairly high TDS (~ 120-130 PPM), at least, when you use their suggested ratio of 1 packet to 1 gallon of water. Which I had been doing.

I decided to start cutting in half the amount I use, which will take TDS down to around 60-70 PPM.

We’ll see how it does.

Incidentally, for anyone reading this, the Technivorm Moccamasters are on sale on Amazon right now for 30% off. Dang good deal. Over $100 off.

After your post, I observed how the water was coming out of the sprayhead on my Brazen Plus 3.0 (the latest version).

Indeed, the water was only coming out of the center 8 holes, so I reasoned that it could have limescale buildup (I use a Zero Water, which removes all minerals, but I remineralize using Third Wave Water packets).

I de-scaled using Urnex Dezcal solution, and the problem seems to have been rectified.

I was a bit surprised that it scaled up the showerhead after only a month, but then, the Third Wave Water is fairly high TDS (~ 120-130 PPM), at least, when you use their suggested ratio of 1 packet to 1 gallon of water. Which I had been doing.

I decided to start cutting in half the amount I use, which will take TDS down to around 60-70 PPM.

We’ll see how it does.

Incidentally, for anyone reading this, the Technivorm Moccamasters are on sale on Amazon right now for 30% off. Dang good deal. Over $100 off.
$220 for the stainless steel, large carafe model is a screaming deal!

$220 for the stainless steel, large carafe model is a screaming deal!
I’m not seeing that.

On my app, it is showing $251 for the standard model, with glass carafe.

$244 for thermal carafe model, but that one doesn’t have the “half pot” switch. I wonder why.

$275 for the jumbo capacity (60 oz) with thermal carafe.

The smaller capacity thermal carafe model (32 fluid ounce) is $230.

Heck, at those prices, I am tempted to buy one, and just keep it in the box in case the Brazen ever craps out!

Nespresso Prodigio uses their app, but I never bothered with it, since it only takes 25 seconds to heat up.
Thks! Som days I have a little trouble getting around, and really want coffee, just don't feel like walking. :p

I had one of those! Back about 20 years ago I joined the Gevalia subscription service. Man, I hadn't thought of that in a long time. Now I can't remember
15 years ago when I bought the Bunn GRB, I had a Gevalia 5 cup. Made very good coffee but it took ten minutes plus to make 5 cups. Gave it away in the employee break room with a FREE sign. It was snapped up in about a half hour. It made much better coffee if you put hot water in to brew. It raised the temp and speed of the brewer.

FYI
Technivorm #4 cone filters are on sale at Amazon. About $4 off. Now only slightly overpriced instead of horribly overpriced.

Last edited:
Back