Why do you believe in UFOs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jrustles
I can promise all of you, that weather events will only become more and more extreme.

We already know that. We have science, and science works.

Originally Posted By: martinq
I can promise all of you, that weather events will only become more and more extreme.

We already know that. We have science, and science works.

IT SURE DOES!
lol.gif

Getting back on topic, do we have any info about WHY people believe in these types of things (alien UFOs, conspiracies, religion, etc)? Does it have to do with biology, culture?

I'm sure there's some psychological studies and papers out there that deal with this.

Getting back on topic, do we have any info about WHY people believe in these types of things (alien UFOs, conspiracies, religion, etc)? Does it have to do with biology, culture?

I'm sure there's some psychological studies and papers out there that deal with this.

Oh sure, there are plenty of wacky, far-fetched theories that bravely "solve" the mysteries of sentience and consciousness; some idiopathic 'need' for people to 'believe' things. As though sentience itself is not self-explanatory, and though diligence were foolishness. We have these guys coming up with their own fantasy imaginations about how the minds of "other" people work. They never include themselves, of course, because they're not quite so stupid. To most of these theories, I chuckle a bit.

On the topic of a divine being, some of these theories talk about how people beleive in something greater for comfort, to find meaning in an otherwise pointless existence and other such hilariously nihilistic nonsense. They talk about how our ancestors were so stupid and primitive, and how they made up "fairy tales" and "santa claus" stories just, y'know, for the sake of having something to believe in. I mean, we have real geniuses coming up with this stuff.

On the unexplained, some of these theories asert that the human mind is so bored and unstimulated, that it much manufacture imaginations and then believe them to be real. That people have a strong inherent desire to know things, and in the absense of information, "fill in the blanks" with preconditioned tidbits that "fit their agenda", whatever that "agenda" may be.

It's really joke, quite honestly.

I can promise all of you, that weather events will only become more and more extreme. Just be diligent, thatwon't kill you.
smile.gif

You sure aren't gonna like this.
crackmeup2.gif

"Analysis of trends and of aggregated time series on climatic (30-year) scale does not indicate consistent trends worldwide. Despite common perception, in general, the detected trends are more negative (less intense floods in most recent years) than positive. Similarly, Svensson et al. (2005) and Di Baldassarre et al. (2010) did not find systematical change neither in flood increasing or decreasing numbers nor change in flood magnitudes in their analysis."

"Which speaks to the phrase: “Despite common perception” which I highlighted at the beginning. The speed of weather tracking and communications technology curve aids in our “common perception” of severe weather events. The reality of severe weather frequency though, is actually different. While we may see more of it, that happens because there are millions more eyes, ears, cameras, and networks than ever before."

"While our world has seen the explosion of TV news networks, Internet News websites. personal cameras and recording technology, smartphones with cameras, and the ability to submit a photo or movie or live video feed virtually anywhere, anytime, giving us reporting of weather and disaster instantly on the scene, where tornadoes live on TV is becoming a ho-hum event, there’s one set of elusive phenomena that still hasn’t seen an increase in credible reporting and documentation:

UFO’s, Loch Ness monster, and Bigfoot."

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/04/19/wh...al-perspective/

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/magazine/why-rational-people-buy-into-conspiracy-theories.html

Quote:

Some points from his article:
People who believe in one theory are more likely to believe in others.
There is a strong association between income and belief levels: the better-off are less likely to believe in conspiracy theories. (Perhaps this can be chalked up to education.)(GOLD!)
Instability makes most of us uncomfortable; people prefer to imagine living in a predictable, safe world. Some conspiracy theories offer accounts that feel "safe" or "predictable."
Conspiracy theories often mutate over time in light of new or contradicting evidence.
Conspiracies usually require a big newsworthy event on which to peg it.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mr-p...s-say-about-you

No shortage of "expert" opinion to deter people from being curious and investigating potential crimes and exploitations against them. As though making efforts like that could never be expected regarding sensitive information. Right?

"Oh, okay, thanks guys. I'll make sure to be less diligent and more trusting in the future"
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
antiqueshell said:
On April 28, 1997 U.S. Defense Secretary William Cohen made the following statement:

“Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves… So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations…It’s real, and that’s the reason why we have to intensify our efforts.”

...as part of the following testimony:

Quote:
Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic-specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.

He was talking about false and potential threats, not anything that's actually happening.

Don't put things into CONTEXT!
grin.gif

Fact is that put into context Mr. Cohen DOES in fact state that control of the weather by electromagnetic waves IS REAL....

Can't be denied that he said that it is a fact. In or out of context the same conclusion is reached.

Seems that I touched a nerve here...good.

Deny, deny, deny and obfuscate for good measure.
That is the M.O. of the M.I.C.

"Which speaks to the phrase: “Despite common perception” which I highlighted at the beginning. The speed of weather tracking and communications technology curve aids in our “common perception” of severe weather events. The reality of severe weather frequency though, is actually different. While we may see more of it, that happens because there are millions more eyes, ears, cameras, and networks than ever before."

Oh! That's what it is. We can just see more of it now, whereas before we couldn't detect 300MPH windstorms that decimate large areas or 100 year systems occuring every 5 years.
OKAY THEN. Well I guess, I should just accept the CLEAR INCREASE of severe weather systems as an optical illusion, a mind trick. I should have known, it's all a mind trick and a failure of perception. Just like a quieter valvetrain when using a different brand of oil, it's all just the
mind wanting to believe". Right. Our minds are worthless, we can't even tell what the heck we're seeing, hearing anymore.

Quote:

"While our world has seen the explosion of TV news networks, Internet News websites. personal cameras and recording technology, smartphones with cameras, and the ability to submit a photo or movie or live video feed virtually anywhere, anytime, giving us reporting of weather and disaster instantly on the scene, where tornadoes live on TV is becoming a ho-hum event, there’s one set of elusive phenomena that still hasn’t seen an increase in credible reporting and documentation:

UFO’s, Loch Ness monster, and Bigfoot."

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/04/19/wh...al-perspective/

Gotta throw the bigfoot and lochness in there, because had you failed to atach some low-risk, taboo piece of tomfoolery, we might not reach the desired level of implicated discredation.

Quote:

Instability makes most of us uncomfortable; people prefer to imagine living in a predictable, safe world. Some conspiracy theories offer accounts that feel "safe" or "predictable."

This actually sounds like the MO of the perpetual 'debunker' TBH

@jrustles:

Meet the professional psychological operations officer.

They literally are everywhere, even on forums just like this.

Wait for it.....
20.gif

Even IF "they" tell you they don't exist.

... because of gravity waves?!

Incidentally, perhaps a bunch of gravity waves might help push this -27 C weather out of here. Either that, or I need to take winter vacations in Memphis or on Cardassia.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Fact is that put into context Mr. Cohen DOES in fact state that control of the weather by electromagnetic waves IS REAL....

Let's assume that's what he's saying. Mr. Cohen does not have the credentials to say such a thing. Plenty of people call in to Coast to Coast and assert some pretty outlandish things. Simply saying something doesn't make it true.

@jrustles:

Wait for it.....
20.gif

I've been a member of this board over a decade and a lot of people know me. You've asserted I am a covert officer before and frankly it is hilarious, but I don't appreciate it.

I appreciate the truth. the real truth and not blatantly debunked bull [censored] artists who fear monger people into believing non sense, for their own personal gain like that guy Dutchsinse does. I along with many others have done a lot of work debunking his [censored] about HARP rings and the rest.

If you want to live your life in fear of "them", that is your choice, but an objective reality of most conspiracies does exist, and when you research the real truth behind them, and more importantly, the people who concoct them, you will be awakened.

I will provide you with a plethora of FACTS debunking all the HAARP weather modification non sense, but people like you won't even contemplate that you're being had by total bull [censored] artist frauds like Dutchsinse.

Frankly calling anyone who disagrees with you a covert operative is embarrassing and the utter antithesis of free thought. It means your mind is so closed to reality, you won't even start the process of looking at all sides of an issue, because you are afraid to find out the world isn't full of cabalsters and secret organizations controlling the weather or hiding the reality about UFOs. In reality, you will realize that most of the people that put out these conspiracies are the nefarious actors who are pulling your strings and manipulating you like a child, for their own personal gain. That is where your anger and distrust should be pointed.

By the way, can you provide ANY objective evidence the US government pays people to put out disinformation on such places as a motor oil forum, for the sole purpose of guiding the general populace away from "the truth"?

No he doesn't! Can you even read? He was saying weather warfare IS A FALSE, IMAGINED THREAT and that intelligence agencies shouldn't waste time on such non sense. His point was weather or geological warfare is fictional [censored] written about by Alvin Toffler.
33.gif

Q: Let me ask you specifically about last week's scare here in Washington, and what we might have learned from how prepared we are to deal with that (inaudible), at B'nai Brith.

A: Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-others-are-engaging-even-in-an-eco-type-of-terrorism.159/

Last edited:

You've asserted I am a covert officer before and frankly it is hilarious, but I don't appreciate it.

No such assertion was made.
It is unfortunate that you are reading into things that clearly are not there.

Why the sensitivity?

Last edited:
@jrustles:

Wait for it.....
20.gif

wink.gif
Oh those guys litter the major forums and youtube and there are plenty of pages out there to pacify and distract you 'shhhhh, it's okay, it's all right here in this "scientific" article. Read our studies, they can never be falsified or presented misleadingly or out of context'

"This year's tornadic activity was down from last year"
ORLY? "Down" by incident? By severity? Both? Doesn't matter.
The focus is not tornadoes.

Haiyan broke records for size and wind speed. TO turn around and say "yeah well tornadic activity by incident was down" is beyond obfuscation.

Some of the fellas here, at least those directly addressing the issue, are probably just regular people IMO, not shills or spooks.

I know 12 years ago, I may have reacted in a similar manner. I cannot blame them.

For anyone wishing to dismantle my informal, off-the-cuff expose which was composed on the fly (and poorly formatted should I say so myself), they may discover that some of the conclusions drawn are entirely unique; not having been 'drawn' from other people's
"conspiracy theories" ie Dtuchsince. I know who he is, but I don't watch his videos. I've seen what he sees live on TV and on satellite- for years. I don't follow behind conspiracy theorists out there, unless I've indepedently come to the same conclusion. I applaud them, though- it's a very tough thing to do.

The word "bunkem" is a german term and was made popular in the advanced disinformation programs they ran in WW2. I'm not suggesting that these efforts don't still exist, or are the most scientifically advanced they've ever been- they are. The science of disiformation/information control (and other Nazi science) WAS NOT LOST, it is more advanced now than ever. The psychology of control is among one of the most advanced fields of science. Marketers have their hand in the science of psychology as well as the obvious military/govts. This field is among the most funded and established (and desired).

Back to the topic, the use of certain terms are dead giveaways to disinfo. Favourites used by the obfuscators, disinformants include "debunk" as well as terms like "conspiracy theory". "Hoax" is another.

These aren't just terms, they're loaded suggestions.

"Conspiracy theory"
Conspiracy cannot be mentioned without "theory"
Because it's only reasonable to assume that there are no conspiracy facts, and that "conspiracies" should be treated with a heightened level of resistance, to the point where semantics become a viable argument. Because when claims are being made about crimes AGAINST you and your family and everyone you know, who wouldn't want to "debunk" that immediately, without even quietsly considering what's been put before you.
I'm crazy? No no,sir. THAT is crazy.

How horrible is this. The only logical outcome of that voluntary debunk psychology is 'that any person/factions in authority can "conspire" and the people are not entitled to investigate or even question, because that would make them crazy, paranoid and blindly following some other fear monger artist/hoaxer'.

Read this ENTIRE post and refute their evidence with FACTS.

That is nice and noble to read, but what do you accept as fact?
Protip: you'll find it rests as much in "trust" of another faction as religious belief does. The only difference is you were trained to trust one faction, as the religious person was made to trust another. As though both the name of "science" and "religion" cannot be equally corrupted, used for evil and to mislead. As if.

To assume that there would not be a wealth of disinformation ready for volunteer debunkers to cite, is naive at best.

Lets examine the personal gain theorum:

>"Dutchince" has personal gain, maybe from youtube views

>The parnoid conspiracy nut - having a tough time thinking what this person could gain, vs what he's risking. Perhaps a moment of screen name fame? That's enough to invite incredulous behaviour and trouble into your life for squaking. Right?

>The alleged perpetrators, with advanced, confidential technologies operated by paid, compartmentalized individuals who know just what they need to know and are bound to confidentiality and a salary. It may occur to some of these people what is happening, but they will not risk their lives/livelihood ever talking about it. Those that do leak, are a minority and are just brushed off as crazy. The scam takes care of itself, and the people themselves police the others.

Jon Stewart: "HWHUT?! HWWWHUUUUUTT?? HWHUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTT????
lol.gif

To think that the hoarders of advanced technologies that entrain and control of the atmospheric enegies to the point they can artfully control basic weather systems, LONG TERM, not just short, and use them as weapons of war in a world where people could not even imagine these forces could be used as weapons of war -- would be EXPECTED to be forthcoming and open, disclosing the cutting edge of 50-100yr advanced technologies to the public is just---- beyond words. Like, do you understand what a MILITARY does?! Is there any reasonable human being that would expect that and use their failure to disclose information that as an argument against it's existence? That's one of the toughest things to watch.

Who really has the most at stake here? Who really would have the MO and resources to diseminate disinformation for the average person to pull up and trip over, should they happen to be coersed into considering something of such scale, such sensitivity.

The winner in this personal gain scheme, yeah, probably the independent conspiracy nut.
lol.gif

Question: HOW DO YOU GUYS LIKE THE COLD?
http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con.php?image=na&inv=0&t=cur

Parts of Texas were consistenly colder than Toronto. Parts of Texas are, right now, colder than Toronto. Seems about right, nothing to see here, that's just winter for ya (it's not even). hur dur

Anyone up for 500MPH winds in their lifetime? Stupidly localised earthquakes on inactive fault lines or no fault line at all? More to come!

Also, to touch on 'climate change'. I do not believe the Earth is warming as an act of itself. In fact, the opposite. It may be cooling in response to such a long period of artificial warming if one were to hypothesize a feedback mechanism.

"Climate change" as a terminaology is more apt than anyone would imagine. It went from "global warming" to "climate change" because it's not only about them intentionally warming the globe (by the use of aerosols), but now more generally changing the climate. You can't call them liars for using these terms!

I've been a member of this board over a decade and a lot of people know me. You've asserted I am a covert officer before and frankly it is hilarious, but I don't appreciate it.

I appreciate the truth. the real truth and not blatantly debunked bull [censored] artists who fear monger people into believing non sense, for their own personal gain like that guy Dutchsinse does. I along with many others have done a lot of work debunking his [censored] about HARP rings and the rest.

It's HAARP. HAARP is one of the most popular energy weapons that the general public knows about. Another known one is EISCAT. There are now well over 100 strategically placed ground based energy weapons in existence, including in atlantic canada, eastern africa, the caribbean and of course russia.

HAARP to regular people has become synonymous to "ground based energy weapon", and all observed artifacts of the usage of these devices the lay person will just call "HAARP".

The rings seen on Infrared Satellites are in fact geostationary DEW satellites. (just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier, right?)

They appear on INFRARED radars because that's exacly what infrared satelites detect- INFRARED. HEAT. If you point a "flashlight" of energy down to the earth, the energy will be ABSORBED by the atmosphere or an anthropomorphically laid aerosol layer, and liberate HEAT, which not only has atmospheric effect, but shows up on, yeah.. that INFRARED RADAR.

I HAVE SEEN LIVE, UNCUT, DURING HURICANES OF THE PAST YEARS HOW THESE POLKA DOTS ARE ARRANGED IN GRIDS TO DIRECT, FEED, STALL THE HURRICANE SYSTEM AS IT TRACKS ACROSS LAND, SO AS TO SUSTAIN THEM, AS THEY NO LONGER HAVE OCEAN WATER TO PICK UP FROM. I HAVE SERIES OF IMAGES THAT CLEARLY DISPLAY THIS. THERE IS LITERALLY NO OTHER EXPLANATION FOR THEM TO BE COORDINATEDLY FOLLOWING THESE HURRICANE REMNANTS. 'ARTIFACTING' AND 'NOISE' ARE THE LAMEST, MOST OUTRAGEOUS RED HERRINGS I'VE EVER READ IN THE FACE OF WITNESSING THESE OPERATIONS.

Quote:

If you want to live your life in fear of "them", that is your choice, but an objective reality of most conspiracies does exist, and when you research the real truth behind them, and more importantly, the people who concoct them, you will be awakened.

Fear is the primary response. Knowledge and understanding destroy fear, and and just allow one to more accurately plan the ways they can protect themselves.

Quote:

I will provide you with a plethora of FACTS debunking all the HAARP weather modification non sense, but people like you won't even contemplate that you're being had by total bull [censored] artist frauds like Dutchsinse.

Lots of "debunk" disinfo out there. Your trust in them (which is all it is), does not make them fact, however. Read above.

Quote:

Frankly calling anyone who disagrees with you a covert operative is embarrassing and the utter antithesis of free thought. It means your mind is so closed to reality, you won't even start the process of looking at all sides of an issue, because you are afraid to find out the world isn't full of cabalsters and secret organizations controlling the weather or hiding the reality about UFOs. In reality, you will realize that most of the people that put out these conspiracies are the nefarious actors who are pulling your strings and manipulating you like a child, for their own personal gain. That is where your anger and distrust should be pointed.

There are plenty of shills out there. Many are unpaid regular people who are motivated by their adversion to fundamentally reality changing information, or their deeply ingrained "service" training and others actually get paid to troll forums all day for "conspiracy nuts", we don't.

Quote:

By the way, can you provide ANY objective evidence the US government pays people to put out disinformation on such places as a motor oil forum, for the sole purpose of guiding the general populace away from "the truth"?

Right, because if there was any supply of objective evidence regarding shillery and disinformation, it would readily be aggregated and available to anyone who requested it.

COME ON BRO!!!!!

HAARP is one of the most popular energy weapons that the general public knows about.

Another good one.

Back on topic, what would cause someone, who listens to Coast-to-Coast, to believe what they hear without any knowledge or experience with the subject? Did they develop a habit of attaching to fantasy at an early age? Could trauma be involved?

Quote:
jrustles: ...To think that the hoarders of advanced technologies that entrain and control of the atmospheric enegies to the point they can artfully control basic weather systems, LONG TERM, not just short, and use them as weapons of war in a world where people could not even imagine these forces could be used as weapons of war -- would be EXPECTED to be forthcoming and open, disclosing the cutting edge of 50-100yr advanced technologies to the public is just---- beyond words. Like, do you understand what a MILITARY does?! Is there any reasonable human being that would expect that and use their failure to disclose information that as an argument against it's existence? That's one of the toughest things to watch...

Recommendation:

Instead of writing a 1,000 word set of scattered thoughts, I highly recommend you get a grasp of the subject of energy and energy scaling, and start with:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

In the "Index to Hyperphysics", go to "energy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back