Rhode Island woman who posed as Marine with cancer to get more than $250K in donations sentenced

Not being sexist here but how could anyone possibly expect this couch potato looking 32 year old chick to have been awarded a purple heart. That would have me calling BS immediately. None of it adds up. She should've posed as a regular marine without a purple heart at most. That would've been believe even by me. But a purple heart? Don't push it.

Also, in the pictures she's wearing staff sergeant stripes.
Doesn't the list of service people get very much shortened with ever rung up the ladder?
By that I mean, she should've become more and more conspicuous, no?

The article mentioned that she was involved with some veterans' affairs organization.
Ergo, it was an inside job of sorts. She learned the lingo. She probably used a bank which handles such funds routinely, and thus didn't scrutinize deposits as closely as other banks might have.

She should be able to swap her ~6 year sentence with being a bayonet dummy at Camp Lejeune.
AND anyone else convicted of big frauds should be there too.

These assertions are mutually exclusive. lol

Women can't get the purple heart?
Never said a woman can't but she doesn't give off the impression she'd be a purple heart recipient. I said idve believed her if she claimed to be a marine but as i also said a purple heart is pushing it and it clearly was as that is what most likely lead people to investigate her because they also saw the obvious baloney because it can be found out who's a purple heart recipient. Maybe you're hung over and didn't read it correctly.

Rhode Island woman who posed as Marine with cancer to get more than $250K in donations sentenced​

I hate seeing crap like this and she earned every day in prison.
There was a Dateline special not too long ago that had an old couple pose as retired Marines or CIA. The military has a word for it, more or less tarnishing the reputation of real soldiers.

Seems a bit weird, because the article mentioned that some of the funds were used to pay for medical bills to treat injuries that she didn’t have. Sounds like a lot of this was just to get attention and sympathy.

As for her age and rank, apparently the average age for an E-6 is 27-28.

Back