whats going on with super tech??

The difference is hard to overlook....even at "less than half price".
What if I was to add the fram orange can, and the cheapest Purolator?

Purolator is 96.5% @ 20 microns
Fram ocod is 95% @ 20 microns
I don't know exactly, but I'm sure they're both over $3. I'm also pretty sure those are comparable to what most quick lubes use.

Now this part i honestly dont know, and would be really interested in learning more... Would you say the super tech filtration specs are better than the 2 i just mentioned above?

Would you say the super tech filtration specs are better than the 2 i just mentioned above?
If it follows the other ST filters in terms of efficiency, then it should be 95% @ 30u. It might say right on the box like the spin-on ST filters.

correct, ST is 99% @ 30 microns. What i was kind of asking was, would you rather use a filter that's 99% @ 30 microns, or a filter that's 95% at 20 microns?

correct, ST is 99% @ 30 microns. What i was kind of asking was, would you rather use a filter that's 99% @ 30 microns, or a filter that's 95% at 20 microns?
Those two efficiencies are going to be real close to each other.

I think that's how and why they do it for ~$3.

Guys like us know it's a nice deal and buy 3 of them at a time, depleting the shelves, which leaves all the 3-4x the cost filters for the masses to buy.

I just ran into this a week or two ago. I had intended to pick up a ST for my Traverse and Malibu. The least expensive PF63 size they had was a ~$10 A/C delco. All they had left for the Malibu was a single 20K mile fancy ST. This is a huge and busy super wally store.
FYI, my local Chevy dealer has the PF53 for around $5.50
Walmart around here is always higher than the dealer. I never buy AC items from them. All the dealers are not the same price though. You can go to the GM parts page online and create an account and buy online and pick up in the store. Its pretty convenient and you can see pricing for the dealers in your area.

I set mine up with the info from from my GM rewards account so that I can use points towards parts. I also have both of my vehicles in my account so that I can look for VIN specific parts.

Edit from above post, I should have typed a "PF63" sorry for the confusion.

Back