Super Tech MP Forester

Was going to go with FRAM, but when I got to Wally World the Super Tech MP 7317 was in stock. They also had the Subaru and Toyota brands. I went with the MP for wife's Forester and a cheap Fram for my Corolla. MP is made in USA?!?

Does the cheap, white Super Tech have silicon ADBV? I went with Fram cause I couldn't get signal in the store to Google.

The photo of the MP7317 shows a blue ADBV, but with the way things go with oil filters what you see in ad photos and what you get may not always be the same.

1699654909466.png

Was going to go with FRAM, but when I got to Wally World the Super Tech MP 7317 was in stock. They also had the Subaru and Toyota brands. I went with the MP for wife's Forester and a cheap Fram for my Corolla. MP is made in USA?!?

Does the cheap, white Super Tech have silicon ADBV? I went with Fram cause I couldn't get signal in the store to Google.
For christs sake, if that worried buy a better filter!

ITS SILICONE ALSO.

For christs sake, if that worried buy a better filter!

ITS SILICONE ALSO.

THANK YOU I HAVE A MASTER'S DEGREE IN MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS SO I SUCK AT SPELLING AND SPELLED IT SILICON BECAUSE I FORGOT ONE IS AN ELEMENT AND ONE IS MAN MADE AND BECAUSE I AVOIDED LANGUAGE ARTS AND WRITING CLASSES CAUSE THEY'RE FILLED WITH PEOPLE THAT DRINK PBR AND SEE BEAUTY IN ADJECTIVES AND I FIND ADJECTIVES TO BE A WASTE OF MY TIME JUST GET TO THE POINT AND FORGOT MY CHEMISTRY SPELLINGS AND DIFFERENCES FROM 24 YEARS AGO WHEN I TOOK MY LAST CHEMISTRY CLASS.

Just want to minimize sideways and upside down filters draining back. I refuse to pay $10+ for a filter when under $5 gets you OEM (or better) filtration.

And, by the way, it's "it's" and "Christ's sake."

Well do you want the silicone ADBV or not?
Yeah, I wanted silicone. Which is why I was going to go with FRAM. As far as I know, the Internets and FRAM website say they're silicone. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But when I saw the cheaper price for the ST MP, I changed my mind and assumed the blue ADBV was silicone for the upside down Forester filter. But the white ST's were black ADBV's (was thinking of my Corolla as I still had a $4 Fram in my hand for).

So I bought the MP for the Subaru and FRAM for Corolla and am confident both have silicone. If I read a website wrong or something, let me know if either of those are nitrile and I'll avoid them in the future.

Y’all seem bent on being intolerable.

The Supertech MPs are good filters. Maybe a little loose at sub-30 mu but decent nonetheless.

I just checked one of my 7317s and it has a red ADBV.

Last edited:
Back