whats going on with super tech??

Purolator made in china for $7.47
Fram made in brazil for $7.17
Toyota made in Thailand for $7.49
Super tech Made in America for $2.97

Super tech looks like the other 3 combined. How are they doing that?? lol. Is this some super amazing deal, or am I overlooking something?

20240429_141904.jpg
20240429_142023.jpg

Purolator made in china for $7.47
Fram made in brazil for $7.17
Toyota made in Thailand for $7.49
Super tech Made in America for $2.97

Super tech looks like the other 3 combined. How are they doing that?? lol. Is this some super amazing deal, or am I overlooking something?

View attachment 216803View attachment 216804

I’d run Super Tech before the others hands down

The 9972 on the website looks like a more normal one. What's the listed filtration on the box.

I like the metal, but wonder if the others dont need it.....In other words, maybe the media is better made and the ST media is not as robust? Not sure.

AC Delco, regarded as one of the best filters does not have metal reinforced media.

The 9972 on the website looks like a more normal one. What's the listed filtration on the box.
Good question! Super Tech box says 99% at 30 microns. Fram box says 99% at 20 microns. the Purolator website says 99% at 20 microns, and I cant find a definite answer on the toyota.

I gotta do an oil change on my moms rav4 this week. I think it takes this fitment. I might have to get the ST for it (usually get Napa)

I always run the Toyota filter. after 5k miles it comes out looking just fine. Lexus has a 6 year 72k mile factory warranty. Ill let them worry about it.

Bought 3 this morning for my moms rav4 plus a st3614 for her Caravan.

I think that's how and why they do it for ~$3.

Guys like us know it's a nice deal and buy 3 of them at a time, depleting the shelves, which leaves all the 3-4x the cost filters for the masses to buy.

I just ran into this a week or two ago. I had intended to pick up a ST for my Traverse and Malibu. The least expensive PF63 size they had was a ~$10 A/C delco. All they had left for the Malibu was a single 20K mile fancy ST. This is a huge and busy super wally store.

Back