What is your "under the mattress" firearm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
He heard noises in the bathroom and fired four shots through the door killing his girlfriend. His defence was he thought it was an intruder. He is serving time for 'culpable homicide' and 'reckless endagerment'.
Probably wouldn't bring your girlfriend to rob a house, so I doubt that's something youd contend with as a concern. In fact, even if you did...how would she get inside without you, etc? Makes no sense. The only one there...is someone other than you, if they are further into the house than you are, very very highly likely, even if you rob the place as a team. Know where your team is, yes? And if that someone has racked a shotgun, well, you see how it works, yeah? Perf the walls, perf the doors, chances favor whoever can do a better job, and I think the home owner is less likely than the non home owner, to destroy them walls and doors. Simple psychology.

So again...I'd suggest the home owner not be making noises until they are ready to make really loud ones.

Last edited:
I live in the nickel city, the drug problem is not confined to parts south of the province.
The drug problem is something we need to deal with.

Until we start putting people in hospitals and treatment programs poeple are going to die, commit crimes and repeat the cycle. No one wants a kid with a drug problem, no kid wants to grow to be a junkie, its heart breaking. I have a first hand experience with this and I kick myself every day and wonder what I could have done to change things for him. Without sounding like a broken record I think its a societal problem. We have a sick screwed up society, because secure well adjusted people do not grow up and do these things.
Hospitals won't fix it. Jail cant even fix it. It's just a thing. Society just be like that. Its sad.

Hospitals won't fix it. Jail cant even fix it. It's just a thing. Society just be like that. Its sad.

In my living memory it wasn't always like that. That leads me to the idea it might not have to stay like this.
Excepting things are just like that, well its kind hard to move forward from.

In my living memory it wasn't always like that. That leads me to the idea it might not have to stay like this.
Excepting things are just like that, well its kind hard to move forward from.
You're correct. We shut down the big state run long term facilities and out those people back on the streets. The results were predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back