What are folks paying for 9mm?

I think mostly, prices are about the same online. SG Ammo, sells ammo, by-in-large, ammo, thats it, and mostly in bulk. They play a "free shipping" game. So you have to go by the out the door price, not just $ per round. SG is cheaper generally, in bulk, and have a great selection of good ammo. I have bought 1000s from them in the past, and not once have they every messed up an order.

With that being said, I do buy locally aswell, from the local gun store, to support their business. Sometimes they are way out in left field on price on single boxes, but the bulk price is competitive.

I wish 9mm was $.10 a round. Now more like .50.
9mm is nowhere near .50/rd for plinking ammo right now. You can get it as low as .16/rd online

Looks like .16/rd is the main price but then a lot of places are charging exorbitant amounts of shipping but one place had 1k box for $239 free ship so still only <.24/rd, not even half of your wrongly proclaimed .50/rd.

Looks like .16/rd is the main price but then a lot of places are charging exorbitant amounts of shipping but one place had 1k box for $239 free ship so still only <.24/rd, not even half of your wrongly proclaimed .50/rd.
Well, if you would see the context of my "wrong proclamation" you will see the intent was toward LOCAL stores..........but further:
1710976750599.jpg

Above is a screenshot of your example from ammo seek, not cherry picked, the first one on the screen. You will notice that BEFORE TAX, the total is $133.19. This includes shipping, as you can see. Adding tax to this:

$84.91 @ 7.5% tax in NC
$54.20 in shipping

$139.11 actual total

$.27 per round, WAY more than your $.16 per round advertisement.

Again, I was referring to local, over the counter box per box sales with my $.50 proclamation. You have to factor in all the numbers, tax and shipping to arrive at a real total. Locally, where I buy ammo, $14.99 is the lowest cost per 50, @$.32 a pop.

But who really cares? Let agree to disagree and be friends.

SG Ammo is not cheaper than all, I would say mid range. The greatest advantage to purchasing from them is the fact that they have a lot of different flavors to choose from, and typically in bulk. I really like the new M1152, and they have a bunch of it. If you have a new gun and want to try several different loads, I have not seen a better site to choose.

I like shopping local, but if there is a huge price difference, I don't.
I think where SGammo won me over was when they were selling a case (1,000) of Federal HST 124g 9mm, for about $500. Such a good price for good hollow point ammo.

Should’ve bought two cases…

I have often found that other on line vendors have better prices on the less common stuff, but on 9mm, or 5.56, or 7.62x39, sgammo is hard to beat.

I don't have a 9mm but if you have a Dunhams's sports around and watch their flyers and coupons there are deals on ammo. Finally got some 22lr for 5 cents a round recently.

I think where SGammo won me over was when they were selling a case (1,000) of Federal HST 124g 9mm, for about $500. Such a good price for good hollow point ammo.

Should’ve bought two cases…

I have often found that other on line vendors have better prices on the less common stuff, but on 9mm, or 5.56, or 7.62x39, sgammo is hard to beat.
Their price on HST is nearly unbeatable. Winchester Ranger also. You will notice that +p and regular load HST and Ranger is the same price. I would rather sling good stuff down range than mediocre, even in training.

Most of the HST you see in stores is over $1 per round, SG kills it for sure.

AIM is good also, but not on the same scale as SG.

Well, if you would see the context of my "wrong proclamation" you will see the intent was toward LOCAL stores..........but further:View attachment 209432

Above is a screenshot of your example from ammo seek, not cherry picked, the first one on the screen. You will notice that BEFORE TAX, the total is $133.19. This includes shipping, as you can see. Adding tax to this:

$84.91 @ 7.5% tax in NC
$54.20 in shipping

$139.11 actual total

Again, I was referring to local, over the counter box per box sales with my $.50 proclamation. You have to factor in all the numbers, tax and shipping to arrive at a real total. Locally, where I buy ammo, $14.99 is the lowest cost per 50, @$.32 a pop.

You didn’t say local interactions with your .50, now did you? ;)

Well, if you would see the context of my "wrong proclamation" you will see the intent was toward LOCAL stores..........but further:View attachment 209432

$84.91 @ 7.5% tax in NC
$54.20 in shipping

$139.11 actual total

$54.20 shipping for a $78.99 order of 500 rounds of ammo?

$54.20 shipping for a $78.99 order of 500 rounds of ammo?
It’s how quite a few of them get you looking now. The ole Ebay tactic. Instead of $300/1000rds outright and someone is like, “dang that’s expensive!” They offer cheap price but jack up the shipping to compensate. It tends to have the opposite effect on me and I say screw that place and order elsewhere so they’re shooting themselves in the foot so to speak.

Bass Pro/Cabelas has Blazer brass on sale right now for 11.99/50

Not too awful long ago Academy had Monarch for 11.99/50

It's the SD rounds that I simply cannot afford locally. Cheap Remington green and white is 69 at Cabelas and last time I looked at the local rip-off store I want to say it was 76 or something similar for 100. Anything in a box of 20 (even though some of it is sold in boxes of 50-just not around here)? Fuggitabout it. Online all day long. I'll pay $10-15 in shipping to save $100 over what a 100 rounds of (insert flavor of the day such as HST) here.

A box of 20 HST is something like 35 at the rip-off store and about 25-30 at Cabelas or Academy. I can get 150 delivered for under a hundred, tax - shipping - all

The lowest CPR starting from $0.15 for 500 Rds of box.
View attachment 214305
Interesting. I’m not familiar with “Insurgent” 9mm.

First, I don’t buy reloads - so that I don’t have to worry about what goes into the Glocks. Next, what do they charge for shipping?

My most recent purchase, last week, from SG Ammo, 9mm Speer Lawman 124g, was $310 including taxes and free shipping. I’m willing to pay a bit more for a certain quality level.

And you have to include both taxes and shipping to get to the “real” price.

I remember paying under $200, all in, for quality, new 9mm a few years ago. At that price, I bought more than a few cases.

I like Target Sports USA. Good pricing and every brand I've ordered a case of has been quality ammunition. Their New Republic 9mm is excellent. Believe it is made in Hungary.
I've bought from SG before but avoid them now. The scare and doom marketing grows old fast.

I like Target Sports USA. Good pricing and every brand I've ordered a case of has been quality ammunition. Their New Republic 9mm is excellent. Believe it is made in Hungary.
I've bought from SG before but avoid them now. The scare and doom marketing grows old fast.
I’m a Target Sports Ammo Club (or whatever they call it) member. I’ve bought several cases from them. 6.5 Swedish. .300 BLK. 9mm range ammo. 9mm HST. 10mm American Eagle. All good prices.

I appreciate the report on New Republic. I’ve had good results with S&B, Geco, and Prvi Partizan. All good. No problem with Eastern Europe ammo. I would prefer to “buy American” and American Eagle (Federal) is always a great performer, but it can be pricey.

Currently, the Ammo+ price on American Eagle 9mm is $257/1,000, with free shipping. From a value perspective (clean, reliable, American) that’s the front runner for value.

Last edited:

Not after you add shipping. 24.5 cents with free shipping. Add 4$ insurance and its 25 cents

FYI. Purchased 9mm Today - 23.38 cents per round for 1000 rounds of CCI Blazer 115grain, full metal jacket. Shipping was free, state sales tax additional. In same order I bought 5000 rounds of CCI 22lr mini mag. 0.671 cents/round for the 22lr

I reload my own. Can't make it for dirt cheap but I enjoy it and I can load however I want. Using clean burning powder that is very accurate. About .21/round

Back