What are folks paying for 9mm?

I load all mine.
I'm looking for 147gr, that way they're always subsonic and hollow point. I load them for about half the cost of buying them since ammo manufacturers like to charge a premium for 147gr HP ammo.

It was inevitable .
Exactly. No one cares about the DIY reload crowd. I know I don't. If that's a hobby for someone, great but that's not what was asked here nor is it relevant in any way to the question asked.

Q-"Which grocery chain has the best prices?"
A- I don't eat out at all. I Iike to cook. I cook BBQ and spaghetti all the time on my outdoor grill.

FYI. Purchased 9mm Today - 23.38 cents per round for 1000 rounds of CCI Blazer 115grain, full metal jacket. Shipping was free, state sales tax additional. In same order I bought 5000 rounds of CCI 22lr mini mag. 0.671 cents/round for the 22lr
Where at?

It is worth mentioning that SGAmmo has been saying there will be a price increase in May.
Almost all the major brands are going up 5-7% wholesale.

Where at?
Sorry. Should have included that. My son is my broker/buyer. 😀 We combine our orders for discounts.

From Targetsportsusa.com. Not a huge order, 1000 rounds of 9mm for me alone and 10,000 rounds of CCI 22lr we split.

My son gets an additional 8% off the sales price, not exactly sure why but I don’t complain. Maybe a deal his huge shooting club has with this vendor.

Last edited:
It is worth mentioning that SGAmmo has been saying there will be a price increase in May.
Almost all the major brands are going up 5-7% wholesale.
He says that about 2-3 times/month. It's his go to marketing. He was spewing about the nitrocellulose shortage in January...which never seemed to have materialized, at least not to the extent it caused price increases. It will always be some doom factor fantasy he conjures up. There's better places out there than that guy.

There's better places out there than that guy.
I typically buy either S&B or PMC.
He may not be the cheapest every time, but he is close.

There may be better guys to buy from. I wouldn't know.
I have been a customer of his for 10 yrs and purchased thousands of rounds.
Never a single issue. Always double boxed and heavily taped.
If I start having issues, I'll look around.

Exactly. No one cares about the DIY reload crowd. I know I don't. If that's a hobby for someone, great but that's not what was asked here nor is it relevant in any way to the question asked.

Q-"Which grocery chain has the best prices?"
A- I don't eat out at all. I Iike to cook. I cook BBQ and spaghetti all the time on my outdoor grill.
There's always a Darren in the crowd telling people what they shouldn't say......

Just bought some from Palmetto State Armory last week. $0.24/round for the Venom brand FMJ. Should be fine for range use.
Venom is garbage. I bought 1k of it about two years ago and only about 825 rounds of it looked OK. The rest of it had bullets that were seated too deeply, not deeply enough, or the primers had fallen out. It was so bad it was actually recalled so I thankfully got reimbursed. Never again.

Venom is garbage. I bought 1k of it about two years ago and only about 825 rounds of it looked OK. The rest of it had bullets that were seated too deeply, not deeply enough, or the primers had fallen out. It was so bad it was actually recalled so I thankfully got reimbursed. Never again.
Hmmmmm. Good to know. I only ordered 200 rounds because I’ve never used them. What I received looked fine. Maybe had a bad batch.

Why do I need the entire thread to answer the question?????
It was already answered/addressed so your post is moot and redundant. Reading through things helps one learn and understand the discussion that has taken place prior to a person posting.

Back