What are folks paying for 9mm?

Astro14

$100 Site Donor
Staff member
I haven’t bought in a while, but usually buy from www.sgammo.com. This post got me thinking…
This can be spun off into a new thread if necessary, but what are others paying for 9mm rounds (each) ? I'm close enough to AIM Surplus and can buy ammo for $0.24 (each) every day, from PMC, CCI Blazer, Norma, Fiocchi, Remington, etc and personally, I've never had a glitch. I don't find anything online + shipping that's competitive to this. Chains like RangeUSA, Cabela's, etc, including regional chains, are typically 25% higher.

MidwayUSA has Norma for $15.99 while AIM is $11.95. Am I just lucky ? 😉

I haven’t bought in a while, but usually buy from www.sgammo.com. This post got me thinking…
I started rolling my own back during the demic thing, can't really save money with what the ball/range stuff is going for now(primers haven't really dropped in price), but the independence is nice. Where you CAN really save some serious money is loading the HP stuff, especially the 147Gr sub HP. Sierra and Hornady both sell their same HP bullets to home reloaders as they sell to the commercial guys.

With BlackRock owning essentially everything but Winchester now, higher component prices seem here to stay.

I haven't looked for a couple weeks, but most recently, I've seen Magtech 115 grain fmj and CCI Blazer brass 115 grain fmj at $12.99.

Last edited:
I reload as my name states. I can't make it as cheap as some sell for because of the primer cost. Still over double the price from before the plandemic. Not looking like it's going to go down. I do like that I can choose my own make-up of bullet, powder, primer combination. Also clean burning powder compared to most you can buy.

I've seen aluminum Blazer and nickel-coated steel Magtech for around $200/1k but not sure specifically where.

There are deals out there, just depends on how hard you look and who you're comfortable buying from.

ammoseek.com is a good resource.

~$15+-$2 for a 50-round box of Magtech, Midwest, or Blazer CCI from RangeUSA if I buy 5+ boxes.

Vance Outdoors is my local brick & mortar that as of today has Remington 9MM 115gr and 124 gr 50 rounds for $11.99.
They have Maxxtech 9MM 124gr 50 rounds for $10.99. Vance Outdoors
Yeap, they're the 2nd best option on low prices but their nearest location in Lebanon is a pain to get to. Even from my work, round trip + looking around the store even quickly will blow 1-1/2 hours for (I'd typically try and go during my lunch).

I've seen aluminum Blazer and nickel-coated steel Magtech for around $200/1k but not sure specifically where.
The store I mentioned sells aluminum Blazer for $0.22/round in 50-round boxes but a friend can't reload those if I collect them so I tend to avoid those.

Looking at SGAMMO and Target Sports, I guess I'm really lucky having AIM Surplus so close. 😁

I think mostly, prices are about the same online. SG Ammo, sells ammo, by-in-large, ammo, thats it, and mostly in bulk. They play a "free shipping" game. So you have to go by the out the door price, not just $ per round. SG is cheaper generally, in bulk, and have a great selection of good ammo. I have bought 1000s from them in the past, and not once have they every messed up an order.

With that being said, I do buy locally aswell, from the local gun store, to support their business. Sometimes they are way out in left field on price on single boxes, but the bulk price is competitive.

I wish 9mm was $.10 a round. Now more like .50.

I wish 9mm was $.10 a round. Now more like .50.
Huh ? Most people are paying around $0.30/round. I can buy rounds for $0.25 at a local place but was hoping to find it lower but I don't think that's possible nowadays.

Rolling my own with 147gr plated bullets, about us$210 equivalent per 1k rounds at current prices tax in. Ran out of 'old cheap stock' of bullets, powder and primers last year, it was about half price then.

How much does the price of the bullet factor into the cost of reloading? I have most all the equipment necessary and hundreds of pounds of lead to cast my own and thousands of rounds worth of brass, but haven't bought or priced powder and primers.

How much does the price of the bullet factor into the cost of reloading? I have most all the equipment necessary and hundreds of pounds of lead to cast my own and thousands of rounds worth of brass, but haven't bought or priced powder and primers.
Currently paying about C$140/1K plated bullets, if you cast your own you get them virtually free. Powder is about C$40-70/1lb, primers are C$110/1K where I live but pickings are slim too so I usually buy 5-10K in bullets and primers at a time when I come across a deal, and 8lb jugs of powder.

Last edited:
Huh ? Most people are paying around $0.30/round. I can buy rounds for $0.25 at a local place but was hoping to find it lower but I don't think that's possible nowadays.
You can expect to pay 15 per box of 50 in NC at a store. Comes out to .32 per round. Add shipping from online vendors..........close to .50. I was approximating, not calculating down to the nearest cent, and adding tax.

Add shipping from online vendors..........close to .50. I was approximating
I understand. I was just curious/checking 'cause I haven't seen any good reason (prices) to shop online, especially once you factor in shipping charges.

I understand. I was just curious/checking 'cause I haven't seen any good reason (prices) to shop online, especially once you factor in shipping charges.
SG Ammo is not cheaper than all, I would say mid range. The greatest advantage to purchasing from them is the fact that they have a lot of different flavors to choose from, and typically in bulk. I really like the new M1152, and they have a bunch of it. If you have a new gun and want to try several different loads, I have not seen a better site to choose.

I like shopping local, but if there is a huge price difference, I don't.

Back