What brand of soap/body wash do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter which body wash you use, if you are a man, you should use this. Pretty similar to other plastic mesh "loofas," but MUCH more durable and manly. The name alone is genius.

Shower Tool

Oh, also, for those of us who have to clean our own showers, body wash leaves far less residue than bar soap. I have used Clean Shower spray in my stall shower for years and when combined with body wash instead of soap I almost never have to clean the shower. Awesome.

Dove for Men... bar soap... the one in the grey & red box (deep clean I think they call it). I never felt like body wash and/or a loofa got me clean enough... so I've always preferred bar soap with a good old fashioned wash cloth.

Last edited:
reusable washing devices are kinda gross to me.

Give me a white wash cloth that was laundered in hot water, detergent, and bleach, then dried in my dryer.

For soap, usually the multi packs of Kirkland soap from costco, the soaps that smell like cologne are too much for me.

WD40 and 60 grit.

Ok, Irish Spring bar soap and washcloth. Head and Shoulders for what little hair I have left.

Another Dove user here. I was told to use a moisturizing soap. by my physical therapist. No more cracked hands that sting when cleaned. Before that, whatever deodorant soap MDW chose to buy

Man card revoked.. Shower puff ball things = Luffa.. Which in turn= Man card gone
smile.gif

I use whatever bar soap my wife bought on sale. For my hair though, I use the kids mild 2 in 1 shampoo. I only need a faction of the pert plus I used to use to get a good lather, and it doesn't strip out so much natural oils, so my scalp doesn't go into full grease production, so missing a day of hair washing isn't unbearable.

Ivory, usually. My wife uses Dove...I wash my hands with it in the winter because it is so dry.

Hair...I use the store-brand clone of Selsen Blue. Not sure what my wife uses, but it's expensive & she buys it by the case. (She has very long hair.)

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Man card revoked.. Shower puff ball things = Luffa.. Which in turn= Man card gone
smile.gif

But I change my own oil. And I smell good! And my skin is soft!

I used Dove in the winter but switch to the BBW in the summer.

I have a few faves I rotate between:

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Bar
Clearly Natural Aloe Vera
Jergens original
Dial Gold

Dove for men, old spice, axe, dial, Irish spring bars I used and didn't like them.
I buy anything that catches my eye on the shelf.

Ha !! Awesome !!
smile.gif

Now the back story to this... A physician I work with mentioned he used a Luffa. I started laughing and told him his Man Card was revoked due to that.. My co workers laughed and kinda surprised a bit. He didn't seem super pleased.. But I was fun non the less
smile.gif

I lather the washcloth up with a bar of Dove and then I supercharge it with two squirts of Aveno body wash. One squirt on each side of the washcloth. Why am I telling the whole world this?
shocked2.gif

Whatever's on sale, usually. However, last fall I wandered into Bath & Body Works looking for their C.O. Bigelow (aka Proraso) shaving cream while they were having a Buy 3/get 3 free deal on their body washes so I stocked up on that as well.

Right now I'm using Midnight and I have to say that even though it was still a bit more than what I'd spend at Meijer or Wally's, it takes a lot less of the stuff compared to Irish Spring or Dial's body wash to make a decent lather to wash with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back