What’s your favorite hand cleaner?

Ever since I was little, grandpa always used LAVA soap. I still do, and I keep few bars of Fels Naptha soap in toolbox as well as at home. GOJO is good as well. What do you folks like?

We used to use a Johnson pumice product in the machine shop. Super aggressive and also very expensive ($50/2L).

Last year we switched to Zep and have both Cherry Bomb and Orange flavors. A lot less money ($100/4 gal) and no one has had any issues with it. As long as it isn't the LV version which has a lotion in it that can be hard to get off if you don't want it.

Personally, my hands are not dirty enough to need a crazy aggressive cleaner and I have a jug of Fast Orange under the kitchen sink that I use from time to time.

We used to use a Johnson pumice product in the machine shop. Super aggressive and also very expensive ($50/2L).

Last year we switched to Zep and have both Cherry Bomb and Orange flavors. A lot less money ($100/4 gal) and no one has had any issues with it. As long as it isn't the LV version which has a lotion in it that can be hard to get off if you don't want it.

Personally, my hands are not dirty enough to need a crazy aggressive cleaner and I have a jug of Fast Orange under the kitchen sink that I use from time to time.
We have GOJO at work. I still use my LAVA soap.

In the past, I've used Goop or Gojo. I don't have a favorite. Currently, I have no need for a hand cleaner. I'll watch this thread and see what's suggested. I may once again need a hand cleaner.

My wife makes her own hand soap outta Castile soap and a few other things because she’s a hippie. Two pumps of that stuff and a handful of washing soda has been the most effective grease, oil and other random goo from working on equipment remover I’ve found.

The Zep TKO is also REALLY good. Zep cherry bomb, permatex fast orange and GoJo orange are not nearly as effective. I’m sure there’s been others I’ve tried that didn’t work and don’t remember their names.

Keep a LAVA bar at the garage sink, don't need it often but it still works when I do.

Reactions: hrv
I do not want any grit of any sort in hand cleaner, especially if used waterless.
And never should that be in any machineshop. The last thing you need is grit in anything mechanical.

A mechanic friend of mine bought me this many years ago, I am still using it:

It is really good. My next favorite hand cleaner, honestly, is Dawn dishwashing detergent. When the Snap-On runs out, I'll probably just stick with Dawn. I checked out the Stoko Kresto mentioned above, that is something I'd be willing to try.

Stoko Kresto​

IMG_4749.jpg
Never heard of it but now I’m intrigued

Back