Laundry detergent and product tampering?

Bought two jugs of Tide at Costco yesterday and color is dark blue, what are the odds of it being returned item. :D

I saw a clip on Facebook where people were opening the Tide jugs, filling one to the brim and buying that.
"I ain't paying for a not full jug"

They need to tighten up the who/what/when of RETURNS - can’t remember the last time I returned anything at Walmart …
I suspect that’s not the case with petty crooks …

Walmart? I bought watered down rug cleaner and so frustrated from there.

I’d love to feed broken glass to the person who did that . Such a scummy thing to do.

Laundry is the one thing I overthink. What gets me is someone having an expensive 3500 SF custom home built with 2 adults and 4 kids and one washer and dryer. But they buy a higher trim model vehicle for $3K that could have been spent having 2 washer & dryers and making laundry an easier chore. Have you or your spouse ever done load after load of laundry?

I prefer Persil Pro Clean over Tide. On clothes I want to fade slower, I avoid detergents with optical brighteners in them. Woolight Darks is the best detergent in my experience if you want to slow your clothes from fading, Purex Natural Elements works good, too. If anyone here thinks washing doesn't fade clothes, look at the used garments at a Salvation Army store.

For 6 people, you need 2 washers, and 2 dryers?

How is that necessary?

Three of us in the house, we do about 5 or 6 loads a week.

So double the people, is still only 10 to 12 loads a week.
That's less than 2 a day.

How is that necessary?

Nothing wrong if that works for you. I'm just saying people spend a fortune on junk that doesn't make life easier and more efficient.
I had a custom home built last year. The cost for the 2nd washer and dryer hookup was $700 plus the cost of an additional washer and dryer set. We have an Lg front loader set and a Maytag Pet Pro top loader and matching dryer. My wife chose the LG set because it fits our cal-king comforter. The Maytag washer does a super job at cleaning clothes. There a pet pro button you press which lights up a blue paw, which adds more water to the machine. The Maytag washer has a center filter that sucks up hair and crap. When the wash is done, you pop the filter out and remove the caught hair. If you're ever in central Ohio, PM me.

How is that necessary?

Air Force basic training was about 35 people and 2 big washers.

I forgot the brand of washer…. we had to put our PT clothes, socks, T shirts and underwear in mesh sacks and toss into washer.

BDU was sprayed with deodorant to smell fresh and washed after wearing for 2 weeks in Texas summer temps. LOL 🤮
BDU was dropped off at dry cleaners to wash and press.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong if that works for you. I'm just saying people spend a fortune on junk that doesn't make life easier and more efficient.
I had a custom home built last year. The cost for the 2nd washer and dryer hookup was $700 plus the cost of an additional washer and dryer set. We have an Lg front loader set and a Maytag Pet Pro top loader and matching dryer. My wife chose the LG set because it fits our cal-king comforter. The Maytag washer does a super job at cleaning clothes. There a pet pro button you press which lights up a blue paw, which adds more water to the machine. The Maytag washer has a center filter that sucks up hair and crap. When the wash is done, you pop the filter out and remove the caught hair. If you're ever in central Ohio, PM me.
What a let down - all this time I thought these were twins 👯 👯

Air Force basic training was about 35 people and 2 big washers.

I forgot the brand of washer…. we had to put our PT clothes, socks, T shirts and underwear in mesh sacks and toss into washer.

BDU was sprayed with deodorant to smell fresh and washed after wearing for 2 weeks in Texas summer temps. LOL 🤮
BDU was dropped off at dry cleaners to wash and press.
I remember those days. Getting clothes back half wet still.

Whenever I take an item off the shelf at Walmart, or any other store, I compare it to similar items.
Oil - Stand two bottles next to each other and check for color, and volume.

Mouthwash - check the safety seal and don't buy 'dented' bottles.

Boxed items, check for factory tape (if there is any).
When taking the item out of a box, check for fingerprints.

I also never take the item in front.
It could have been opened or knocked on the floor (or returned).

Back