Vehicle prices at my local Jeep/Ram

Here is my local Jeep/Ram dealer. Multiple vehicles over $100k. I make a really great living but I flat-out refuse to spend this kind of coin on a vehicle for any reason. This dealership also has ONE Wagoneer for $75k and the other two Grand Wagoneers are +$100k. This is Wustah...a "blue-collar city"...I'm glad everyone is doing so well but not long ago $100k got you an elite vehicle and not a Jeep or a Ram. FWIW...I see these ALL OVER THE PLACE now.

My next new vehicle is going to need to be a $40K subcompact...

Image 7-14-23 at 2.36 PM.jpg

Last edited:
This is the dealer where I purchased my truck. It is in a semi-rural farming community:

Lots of higher end vehicles, but also lots of work trucks in their inventory.

I live against wealthy people, they don’t buy these except on 8 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee.

A few MB SUV, Sequoia , Suburban and Pilots, and normal F150s(mid tier).

Curious what demographic is buying them?

Question is, are they moving them? Regardless of price, are they going out the door?

Crazy money.
I looked at the same website a few weeks ago and they had 6 or 7 Wagoneers in the $70-$80K range which are gone except for the one and they didn't have any Grand Wagoneers, so, I don't know. I'm interested to check every few days to see how long it takes for them to sell.

I live against wealthy people, they don’t buy these except on 8 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee.

A few MB SUV, Sequoia , Suburban and Pilots, and normal F150s(mid tier).

Curious what demographic is buying them?
One of my teen's friends rolled up in their parent's Grand Wagoneer a few weeks ago. He said something like isn't it awesome and my immediate response was it would be a cold day in H-E-double hockey sticks before he ever got behind the wheel of that vehicle if I owned it. No idea what the parents do for a living but they live in a $850k house. I only know that because my wife's good friend owned the house before these people having just sold it a few years ago during her divorce.

One of my teen's friends rolled up in their parent's Grand Wagoneer a few weeks ago. He said something like isn't it awesome and my immediate response was it would be a cold day in H-E-double hockey sticks before he ever got behind the wheel of that vehicle if I owned it. No idea what the parents do for a living but they live in a $850k house. I only know that because my wife's good friends owned the house before these people.
Is $850k considered an expensive home out there? That’s starter home territory out here.

I looked at the same website a few weeks ago and they had 6 or 7 Wagoneers in the $70-$80K range which are gone except for the one and they didn't have any Grand Wagoneers, so, I don't know. I'm interested to check every few days to see how long it takes for them to sell.
Sounds like they are moving them. Maybe people are talking them down hard, maybe not, but maybe the dealer's strategy is working? sales is sales.

One of my teen's friends rolled up in their parent's Grand Wagoneer a few weeks ago. He said something like isn't it awesome and my immediate response was it would be a cold day in H-E-double hockey sticks before he ever got behind the wheel of that vehicle if I owned it.
No kidding.

Is $850k considered an expensive home out there? That’s starter home territory out here.
My town is just outside the reasonable commute for Boston and so it's one of the last few towns that are "affordable" within an hour of Boston. Most people here work locally or in Worcester. I can make it from my front door to TD Garden in downtown Boston in 58 mins with no traffic. During a morning commute, it would be several hours.

I get it, my wife is from a town in CT where $850K gets you 1400 sqft with a car port.

Last edited:
I was up in the ski towns of Colorado 2 weeks ago and these things were everywhere, along with Sequoias, Tahoes, Escalades and Yukon Denalis. It seemed like massive SUVs were the only vehicles on the roads up there.

Last edited:
I heard something on the radio the other day about the sheer weight of these things vs. the max capacity of them.
The point was that when calculated out, they could haul about a thousand pounds in the turbo 6 version at least.
Kind of defeats the practical purpose of such a vehicle, and highlights the actual purpose: Stylin' and Profilin'.

I can tell you most of the people buying those can't afford them. Why else do you think the only way sales people know how to draw you in is with "lowering your monthly payment"? Ask them for the bottom line price because you want to pay cash and they stare at you. My dad bought a used 2020 Grand Cherokee 5.7L to replace his 2013 a few months ago. The sales person asked if he had any remaining on the loan for his 2013, and my dad laughed saying I hope not, it has 200k miles. The sales person was telling me how people were just rolling the existing part of their loans into new vehicle payments when faced with expensive repairs, since the down payment on a new vehicle was all they could afford. My dad's Jeep needed an engine, and at 200k on the 2013 and $10k for a replacement engine he just decided to replace the Jeep. The replacement was $40k, which seemed like a good deal all things considered. My dad can easily afford a new one, but he didn't see the point since this one was mint with only 30k miles, and the one he wanted new was close to $80k.

For $80k he said he would rather be in Benz or BMW than a Grand Cherokee. I test drove a Wrangler 4Xe for kicks while we were there. It had the 4 cylinder turbo and hybrid drivetrain. It was a Rubicon, and the sticker was close to $70k. It was nicer than my Jeep Wrangler inside, but I can't say it drove a whole lot different for $70k.

Here is my local Jeep/Ram dealer. Multiple vehicles over $100k. I make a really great living but I flat-out refuse to spend this kind of coin on a vehicle for any reason. This dealership also has ONE Wagoneer for $75k and the other two Grand Wagoneers are +$100k. This is Wustah...a "blue-collar city"...I'm glad everyone is doing so well but not long ago $100k got you an elite vehicle and not a Jeep or a Ram. FWIW...I see these ALL OVER THE PLACE now.

View attachment 166947
I'd like to see the $34k difference between the two pickups... In 2018, the SLT version of those trucks was $34k.
It would be nice to have more money than sense, and the there seems to be enough of those people around to support some of these crazy prices...

my son bought a new 2023 Laramie Ram in May. Every sales person at the dealership was busy so lots of people shopping and buying. I think prices are crazy but you need wheels here in the Midwest to get around. Can't rely on public transit.

Just my $0.02

View attachment 166947
😂 Denis Leary is from there, right?

Is a trail hawk special like a Hellcat? 72.6k? Unless it’s some special 500+ HP that’s a joke. At least to me.

Ps folks down here say Wore Chester. Ridiculous if you ask me.

Very locale specific, my town/area $700k is starter under 1 hr to Boston. The wealthy neighborhood I live in balance of homes start at $1.4M, mine half that) with most $1.75-$4M.

My new neighbors own about $15k in vehicles but just dropped $1.75M on the home.

Sadly Boston proper fell into the top 5 cities where more than half the homes are $1M+.

A bunch of us were in Clearwater beach a few months back. We ordered a UberXL and a Grand Wagoneer showed up. So I propose its Uber drivers buying them

Back