RAM 1500 DT vs DS warm-up time... wow

Depends what you want to achieve? If the idea is to get faster heat inside, bolt it to the glow plug holder: no need to get that hotter than 50, or even 40°c

Depends what you want to achieve? If the idea is to get faster heat inside, bolt it to the glow plug holder: no need to get that hotter than 50, or even 40°c

I guess the issue would be, would the holder itself get hotter than the coolant flow? Looking to use the unit off a Renault Traffic.

Yes it would get hotter, but I tend to get useable heat way before the temp gauge moves (50°C). When it's freezing out, even 20°C air will feel warm. I wouldn't want it on when it's not needed

Or get 2 and use stages: half off above 40C or so? all off by 60c

Yes it would get hotter, but I tend to get useable heat way before the temp gauge moves (50°C). When it's freezing out, even 20°C air will feel warm. I wouldn't want it on when it's not needed

Or get 2 and use stages: half off above 40C or so? all off by 60c

This is my current idea to control it, keeping it simple...
IMG_20231107_114405.jpg

Totally hijacked this thread here. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe the thermostat is stuck partially open?

Our van is kind of like that… though it heats up fast, but getting it above 180F is pretty much impossible and it’s keeping the oil around 150-170F. But the heat still works great, there’s no CEL, and I can’t be bothered to replace the thermostat yet.
I dunno, it takes about the same amount of time as my Jeep, that's what I keep coming back to in my mind, but I suppose it's possible, to have a bad one right from the factory? This thing has less than 3,000km on it.

Back