Valvoline vs Mobil 1 - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be one of, if not thee biggest oil story to hit BITOG ever!!!

This is gonna be on CNN, MSNBC, Ect. . . .
The next six months are going to be VERYYYYYY intresting!

LOL.gif

Mobil 1 FAILED the Seq IVA test.

I just posted this in another thread Amsoil vs. Mobil 1.

My brother emailed them and this was their reply: For whatever its worth. Remember "if it turns out to be true.

He said that he read on the www that Valvoline was making claims that M 1 5W-30 didn't meet API SM and ILSAC GF-4 specs. He then asked if he had a warranty issue using 5W-30 in a new car spec for API SM ILSAC GF-4 if there would be an issue. Their reply fwiw.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mobil1 5W30 does meet and exceed API "SM: and ILSAC GF-4 requirements,
don't know who or where you are getting your information from. I would
seriously doubt that GM would choose Mobil1 5W30 over all other oils
they tested for factory fill in their Corvettes, Cadillac and all their
other supercharged vehicles.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

My brother emailed them and this was their reply: For whatever its worth. Remember "if it turns out to be true.

He said that he read on the www that Valvoline was making claims that M 1 5W-30 didn't meet API SM and ILSAC GF-4 specs. He then asked if he had a warranty issue using 5W-30 in a new car spec for API SM ILSAC GF-4 if there would be an issue. Their reply fwiw.

I do not think GM nor any automaker "tests" oils on there cars. They look for a API certified oil, then they get a good contract with a maker. Since Mobil uses there own base stocks and are so big, they offer the best price. So Thats why I think OEMs go with Mobil. It is cheap, and thought to meet all the needed Specs.

As we ALL KNOW, M1 is not the best oil out there. So if GM was going to choose a oil based on "what works best" it would be diffrent for every enigne they make. And, more than likely it would not be M1.

Just the fact Mobil stated "don't know who or where you are getting your information from" shows there trying to play dumb.

"He said that he read on the www that Valvoline was making claims that M 1 5W-30 didn't meet API SM" your brother told M1 where he heard it from, the same place everyone else is hearing it from, the same place that sent M1 a letter with the same info. ASHLAND.

M1 needs to prove its meeting the specs.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Well, since your brother has started communications with Mobil, maybe he should reply back and ask them to look at this website:

http://www.jobbersworld.com/December 11, 2008.htm

According to their reply they meet the specs. Not looking to argue just passing info along. Honestly its real easy for me to change brands. I don't like Valvoline oil, but that dislike goes back 30 years. I did like VSOT however.

I am currently using Mobil 1 0W20, if I don't like how this plays out, this will be the last OC for Mobil. Since PP doesn't meet the spec I need in a 0W20, and is nowhere to be found I might just give Amsoil a try.

Frank D

Originally Posted By: buster
http://jobbersworld.com/valvolineq&Apage1.htm

I think Mobil was caught with their pants down. Period. I actually have more faith in Ashland than XOM at this point. Ball is in XOM's court.

I have no love for Ashland, but I have to agree with you, its not looking good for XOM.

Frank D

I just figured since they asked your brother they did not know where this rumor was coming from, this might help. I like you do not have a dog in this fight and could really care less. I also like you do not like Valvoline and the time frame is about the same as yours.

You should try the Amsoil 0W-20, it is really good oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back