Valvoline Synthetic Oil

Well some of you know I just had back surgery on Tuesday, first day I'm feeling well enough to make a post.. I'm still in a great deal of pain I had spinal lumbar fusion and decompression surgery.
My question is in regards to Valvoline oil restore and protect, I remember a lot of people posting that they were going to try it, those people if you tried it did you notice any difference?? Because I'm considering trying Valvoline Advanced in 5W30 instead of Mobil 1 in 5W20

Thank you.

Last edited:
Agreed. All we have so far is a lot of opinions and speculations, along with a few pics of dipsticks.

It’s Valvoline so I have no doubt it’s a quality product. I’d run it but I don’t have anything needing cleaning.
Neither do I really, even though I do my share of short tripping, I also tend to change my oil way before it's time.. actually it's Valvoline Advanced whenever I'm on My feet I guess sometime during the summer I will use, not Extended Protection.

good luck on your back surjury,been through it myself,treat yourself well,take time to heal properly,,,Valvoline makes good lubricants, the Valvoline EP series is very good oil,along with using decent filter like fram ultra,wix xp,can get these products al wallmart at a reasonable cost,,dont know much about the R&P oil though,just look under search forums and key notes..

My kid is using it in his 4.0l Tacoma, it resolved his burning consumption and CEL for vvt solenoid. His consumption had just started and within one oci it is now gone. 180k-ish on it, think it is a 2013 model.
I will be trying it for giggles in my wife's Element to try and finish removing the varnish from the cam lobes later this year.

Well some of you know I just had back surgery on Tuesday, first day I'm feeling well enough to make a post.. I'm still in a great deal of pain I had spinal lumbar fusion and decompression surgery.
My question is in regards to Valvoline oil restore and protect, I remember a lot of people posting that they were going to try it, those people if you tried it did you notice any difference?? Because I'm considering trying Valvoline Advanced in 5W30 instead of Mobil 1 in 5W20

Thank you.

Praying for speedy recovery on your back sir. I ran some Valvoline synthetic while ago without issues. Would use it again

Thank you.

Thank you.
I've soured on Valvoline since they were purchased by the Saudi government

Did you notice any difference in any way? Benefits? Please explain your experience. Thanks
hard to say if the oil did it or the EPR flush prior to filling the crank case did it, but the car only consumed 1qt/5k miles instead of its usual 1qt/1k mile habit.

Its had in order:two OCI's of PUP 5w-20, 20 minute @ 2k rpm BG 109 EPR flush, 5k OCI of PUP , Berrymans B12 hot piston soak, another EPR flush (same as first), new PCV valve, 4qt Valvoline R&P and1qt HPL EC30 for 5k miles and now a full sump of HPL PCEO 5W-40.

Well me being a little anal about things, when the summer rolls around I get to change the oil, I'm going to use the same filter I've been using, which is a Pure one oil filter and I'm going to go ahead and use the Valvoline 5W30 I don't want to change both things up cause if I change the oil from 5W20 to 5W30 and also change the filter up, and if I hear something strange I'm not going to know where it's coming from.. LOL 🤣🤣

Back