Valvoline Synpower-Are any people using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I'll be posting a UOA of it in about 2500 miles

Goose
patriot.gif

I'd be interested in seeing how it does. I just switched from RP to Synpower for a little experiment I'm conducting. Good luck.
cheers.gif

Will soon be using some. Picked some 5W-30 up at the O'Reilly's FAR promotion. Slowly becoming a Valvoline believer. And free is a good thing. Along with the Pure One's I recently picked up. +Free Oil Changes.

driving.gif

Dually,

I use it as my second when I can't get my favorite Mobil 1.
Valvoline synthetic is good stuff. Heck I'll always use a synthetic over dino anytime regardless of brand.

Durango

Quote:

Will soon be using some. Picked some 5W-30 up at the O'Reilly's FAR promotion. Slowly becoming a Valvoline believer. And free is a good thing. Along with the Pure One's I recently picked up. +Free Oil Changes.

FREE is always a good thing. I have raced cars for years and Valvoline is one of my fav oils.
twocents.gif

driving.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Did you notice a differ from Royal Purple to Synpower?

Goose
patriot.gif

I'd be interested in seeing how it does. I just switched from RP to Synpower for a little experiment I'm conducting. Good luck.
cheers.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did you notice a differ from Royal Purple to Synpower?

Goose
patriot.gif

cheers.gif

Goose,

I have only driven the truck about 1 400 mile road trip since I changed over last month or so. The truck sits covered up in the driveway most of the time since I have another vehicle I take to and from work. I have not noticed any difference yet and I wont know if one oil is really better than the other until I get another UOA done. I tried M1 a few years ago and when I stared the truck after sitting for a week with M1, it sounded like the bearings were gonna fall out of the engine until the oil was circulated. With both the RP and Synpower, I have let the truck sit as long as 3 weeks before starting it and there was no bearing rattle or tap of any kind with either oil. With that said and no UOA yet, I'd say that both oils protect very well from "dry starts."

Nice. Like I said I have 61 qts of Synpower so hope it was a good buy. I also have 13 qts of Royal Purple to. Picked the RP up at the Napa 25% off sale

Quote:

Nice. Like I said I have 61 qts of Synpower so hope it was a good buy. I also have 13 qts of Royal Purple to. Picked the RP up at the Napa 25% off sale

wow, I have never seen RP on sale at all. Good job. I feel that both oils will do well. I bought 2 cases or so of Synpower when it was BOGO. If I bought as many as you did, I'd prob be divorced before I got married, lol.
whistle.gif

Quote:

Quote:

wow, I have never seen RP on sale at all. Good job. I feel that both oils will do well. I bought 2 cases or so of Synpower when it was BOGO. If I bought as many as you did, I'd prob be divorced before I got married, lol.
whistle.gif

Well my GF gave me a look as I was bringing all the OIL in and I explained it was on sale and told her the dealership charges $54.99 for a syn oil change. and I payed like 70 For all the oil I think

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

whistle.gif

Well my GF gave me a look as I was bringing all the OIL in and I explained it was on sale and told her the dealership charges $54.99 for a syn oil change. and I payed like 70 For all the oil I think

when you put it that way..........I'm sure she understood. I have heard great things on here about PP. I have had bad luck with the dino P in the past. Every veh I had ever used Pennzoil in, the engine would consume oil.
dunno.gif

Originally Posted By: pp_rp
It's great oil. I am on my second oil change with it.
[censored] i hate it when that happens, i try and sneak it in if all possible just to avoid the conversation.......and the flying projectiles aimed for my head
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: pp_rp
It's great oil. I am on my second oil change with it.
Oil!
shocked2.gif
You mean you filled your crankcase with Synpower--10 pints for a fill?
shocked2.gif

Well now that is thick enough that you could be Australian.
LOL.gif

I'll bet it's smooth and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back