Tonight at the local Pep Boy's - not expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I decide that while my wife is grocery shopping next door at Whole Foods, I'll go into Pep Boy's and purchase my Penzoil Fully Synthetic that Terry Dyson recommended for my oil change.

I mosey on in and go back and get 8 qts of the good stuff. Cleaned the shelf bare. As I am approaching the register I am expecting the clerk to ask about why I had no oil filter. In my smart aleck mind I am thinking about saying "Oil filter? What's that?"

But to my surprise the clerk says, "I've read good things about this oil." Huh, the clerk says something intelligent? This is odd.

I say, "yea, this is my first time with Penzoil, recommended to me by the guy who does my oil analysis." "The Mobil 1 just isn't working for me."

Then the clerk says "I heard that the formulation for M1 has changed."

Then he says, "Do you know about BITOG?"

I am shocked. A fellow BITOGer in the Pep Boy's!
crazy.gif

Well we chatted for a while - but I didn't get his name.

So one never knows who can be working at the Pep Boy's and reading BITOG!
dunno.gif

approved.gif

Wait, wait, wait...let me get this straight. He works at Pep Boys and can read?
crazy.gif

I prefer the ones that don't read and give me the after rebate price on PP, instead of the coupon price.

Some people are actually at those jobs b/c they are interested in what they are selling....why do you think I work evenings and night changing oil and tires at my local W-M?

Quote:

Some people are actually at those jobs b/c they are interested in what they are selling....why do you think I work evenings and night changing oil and tires at my local W-M?

I might actually go work at the JL at the bottom of our hill (Big Rock and SR 203). Evenings(?) and weekends. I need the money and the subject matter will be interesting. I'll be exhausted though.

Yeah, Pabs, you will be exhausted - take it from someone who is there! But, I'm only ehausted after work - I actually do enjoy being there and doing the work. Good luck with that!

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut occasionally.
Even a clock that doesn't run is right twice a day.
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.
Congrats on finding the needle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back