Super Tech Asian (Red) Antifreeze/Coolant

If someone has asked about this, I apologize. I searched and couldn't find anything. I have a 2002 Toyota Tacoma. It originally came with the Toyota red LLC. After I had to get the radiator replaced, the mechanic switched to the Toyota pink SLLC. Since then I've used the Toyota SLLC and more recently the Zerex Asian Red. I was thinking about doing another coolant replacement soon and saw this at Walmart:

This is about half the price of Zerex Asian Red at O'Reilly. Does anyone know who makes it? Does Valvoline make this too? I know Walmart used to sell a Valvoline branded (instead of "Zerex", although "Zerex" is still on the packaging) brand of Asian red coolant as shown on the website here:

It is no longer in stock and I'm wondering if this has been replaced with the Super Tech branded product. I'm hoping it is basically re-branded Zerex, but I have no idea.

Thoughts? I'm all for saving money. I have almost a full gallon of Zerex red at home and need to pick up another gallon, so I'm questioning if mixing it with this Super Tech product is OK or not. Thanks in advance!

Here is the info off of the back of it...

Attachments

• stcoolant.jpg
    stcoolant.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 893
solid upgrade, right color and great value.

prestone makes one of the best POATs on the market. use with confidence

Last edited:
solid upgrade, right color and great value.

prestone makes one of the best POATs on the market. use with confidence
After seeing the carnage of a failed RTV seal on a Toyota MZ-series V6, I’m starting to wonder about the pink sebacate-based pHOAT. Of course, I’ll still use Toyota pink or CCI(Zerex/GC)’s coolant for the hybrid inverter loop but if this test of Cor-Guard works, I might use Prestone in any modern Toyota.

if both meet the Toyota antifreeze specs use either one, i dont think either would be better as long as the specs are met

What the heck is an Asian antifreeze doing with 2EHA in it? Thought Japanese manufacturers didn’t like it, that’s why they used POAT technology? Sounds like a Dexclone, like almost all Prestone AMAM coolant.
phosphates are used irrespective of the organic additive. sebacate is the main organic inhibitor used by the japanese oems and also used in havoline dexcool. it makes logistical sense to use it given that japan is a large producer of high quality sebacic acid.

hyundai on the other hand just changed from an ancient benzoate PHOAT to a 2EHA POAT

Last edited:
no silicate no nitrite no amine no borate hybrid organic acid low phosphate antifreeze
Which of course isn't a "spec", it is a partial list of some of the components used to make the coolant.

If there was an actual published Toyota specification such as there is for some other coolants it would be easier to select the proper one.

Back