Sudden Gas Price Increase in Central Pa

Seems like the west side of the Susquehanna is always higher
Always,, I was just watching the local news and they were saying to expect gas prices to go up due to summer gas switchover;) yet at same time they did acknowledge that the prices did go up last week:mad:

Mid grade and Premium have been the same price for about a month but regular has gone up almost 50 cents a gallon in 2 weeks

IMG_4999.jpeg

Pump prices have risen in my area of Pa. about $.25 a gal recently. $3.55/gal. for regular seems average. Commodities on gas and especially heating oil have been rocketing for the past two weeks.

here is a map of pipelines... 1st place to look is the refineries that feed into your area.

I got blocked from that guy from Texas with like 15,000 posts for saying the oil industry is corrupt. But the truth of the matter is this is the raising of prices for the upcoming Spring and summer driving season. Almost without exception-gas prices have gone up in almost every state.

Yep the news mentioned it’s because of the change over from winter to the more expensive summer blend. Yet I remember they said in the fall that prices rose because of the summer to winter blend change over ?????

So, let me think--winter to summer, higher prices, summer to winter, higher prices. Refinery fire-higher prices, Oil CEO sneezes- higher prices, Sunny to cloudy days-higher prices. Getting late, time for this old man to go to bed--OOPS higher prices🤣

Last edited:
here is a map of pipelines... 1st place to look is the refineries that feed into your area.

The line that goes North and South thru the eastern part of Va is about 500 feet from my house. They are currently building a new neighborhood right next to it.

Yep the news mentioned it’s because of the change over from winter to the more expensive summer blend. Yet I remember they said in the fall that prices rose because of the summer to winter blend change over ?????

So, let me think--winter to summer, higher prices, summer to winter, higher prices. Refinery fire-higher prices, Oil CEO sneezes- higher prices, Sunny to cloudy days-higher prices. Getting late, time for this old man to go to bed--OOPS higher prices🤣
Don’t forget hurricane season! Duck season! Wabbit season! They’re all GREEDWAY season!

I got blocked from that guy from Texas with like 15,000 posts for saying the oil industry is corrupt. But the truth of the matter is this is the raising of prices for the upcoming Spring and summer driving season. Almost without exception-gas prices have gone up in almost every state.
Some people can’t handle the truth…

Reactions: CKN
Yep, RVP changeover, Easter holiday, snowstorm in the North East, it all has a bearing on pricing.
Gasoline pricing is NOT an accident. When I was in a certain corporate office for a while, it was one persons job to check the weather everday, all day, to calculate impacts on demand (or supply).
That's where the "rocket and feather" theory of pricing was invented! :giggle:

Speedway?
Speedway? About 10 days ago or so, one Speedway off I-80 was $2.71 for almost two weeks. Everything else was $2.99. Now, everyone $3.25-$3.29. Must be the big Presidents Day weekend. Take advantage of all those running out to the mattress sales. On a side note, several Speedways, including one just built two years ago, are changing to Amoco. I think there are Amocos in the suburbs but none around here. We have BP here. Aren’t they the same?

Do all the gas price increases seem to fall in line with the recent delay for tailpipe emissions standards to take effect?

Meaning, people are going to likely purchase FFV's over EV's.

Back