Sudden Gas Price Increase in Central Pa

Really Wierd, Overnight here in the Harrisburg area, virtually every station raised price of 87 octane to $3.55 EVERY station along 83 and surrounding areas exactly the same, a lot were as low as $3.23 last night.

Oil has jumped and pulled back, and jumped again the past few weeks. Glad i stockpiled some diesel recently.

The Outdoor show is in Harrisburg this week and the stations in the area usually raise the prices then, that and farm show week and it goes back down afterwards. Carlisle does the same on the Carlisle Pike when the car shows come to town.

That happened a few months ago as well. Nearly *everybody* shot up from whatever they were to 3.59 almost overnight.

Looking at PA gas prices, well over half of what I have tracked from Harrisburg and points east out to Ephrata all jumped to 3.55 or higher.

If it makes you feel better I paid $1.529 CAD for 1 Litre of Premium at Costco last week. That's $ 5.79 CAD per US Gallon or $ 4.29 USD per US Gallon.

See? I knew you'd enjoy that!

Happens ALL THE TIME here. It routinely jumps up 50-60c between me passing stations on the way to work and passing them again on the way home.

Back