Recent gas price increase. On Tuesday it went up 32¢. Has yours

Most of you saw relatively small price increases, it looks like. We routinely see 30-40 cent jumps but yesterday's jump was 60 cents. 😳

I noticed it last night when I left work (about a quarter). There's a station on my drive home that closes early but leaves the pumps on so I hit it up. I was sitting on half a tank but topped up to get me (hopefully) through Christmas. It should drop back down by next weekend (again, hopefully)

Times like this I'm glad my F150 has the 36 gallon tank. I only saved what? 3-4 bucks but dangit that's MY 3-4 bucks.

I noticed it last night when I left work (about a quarter). There's a station on my drive home that closes early but leaves the pumps on so I hit it up. I was sitting on half a tank but topped up to get me (hopefully) through Christmas. It should drop back down by next weekend (again, hopefully)

Times like this I'm glad my F150 has the 36 gallon tank. I only saved what? 3-4 bucks but dangit that's MY 3-4 bucks.
Like when I saved the 32¢ yesterday * 11.25 gallons. About $4. I'll take it.

Commodity price jumped about 20c, so it makes sense.
IMG_9265.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that refineries are still basically running full bore cause they want to make as much distillate cause that's where the money is currently. A side effect of that is, gasoline production that high for the current gasoline demand.
I was about to say this. Possibly were reverting back to the mean. I would think other distillates like diesel and jet fuel demand drops in January - so possibly there already starting to lower overall refining production. Purely a guess.

I was about to say this. Possibly were reverting back to the mean. I would think other distillates like diesel and jet fuel demand drops in January - so possibly there already starting to lower overall refining production. Purely a guess.
I do know how much production is gonna slow. I think the margins are still high enough on distillates that they would just start shipping excess diesel over to Europe.

Drove to work yesterday morning and the UDF I pass by went from 2.49 in the morning to 2.99 in the afternoon.

Back