So, what is BITOG's latest darling oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the day, Pennzoil Ultra was arguably BITOG's favorite oil. Eneos Sustina got some really good press here too.

I came back to the forum after a several year hiatus. It doesn't seem like the BITOG crowd has a favorite oil any more.

Anyone care to set me straight* - What is BITOG's latest darling oil?

* Straight meaning enlightened - nothing dealing with gender orientation.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Look at the banner at the top of your screen.

Sounds like that's a vote for Pennzoil products, but there are several different oils in that family. Even if you restrict it to only synthetics, there are a few synthetic Pennzoil oils. Any particular Pennzoil stand out?

Lots of Mobil 1 lovers right now and Pennzoil.

Yup, used to be Pennzoil Ultra (the old good stuff) and then for a while it was PYB.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Yup, used to be Pennzoil Ultra (the old good stuff) and then for a while it was PYB.

Mobil 1 - Vanilla, or EP?

----The latest darling oil is----

Kendall GT-1 with liquid titanium.

...for the only reason we found an affordable place to purchase from.

City Star
27.gif

It looks like Magnatec to me. Hopefully they don't mess with it and make it worse like they did with Gold bottle Edge a few years back. Most members will probably remember that when they changed over from SM to SN and killed 0W20 Gold bottle Edge and a few others in the process.

Originally Posted By: kohnen

Seems like 0w20 AFE currently

Originally Posted By: kohnen
Lots of Mobil 1 lovers right now and Pennzoil. Yup, used to be Pennzoil Ultra (the old good stuff) and then for a while it was PYB.
Seems like 0w20 AFE currently
I can see the case for M1 0w20 or 0w30. They're both Mobil 1, the 0w viscosity gives you the best cold weather performance, they both meet their respective dexos1 specs and have GM licenses to prove it. So, they're both no-brainer, drop them into your GM vehicle that calls out dexos1 and be done with it. Why even bother with one of Mobil's EP oils? (That said, I use M1 5w30 EP in the (rarely used) engine of a Chevy Volt).

M1 0W40 has the record for threads and posts, but usually by the same six BITOG members.
Next is anyone's guess, if posting about an engine oil makes it popular.

Originally Posted By: car51
CASTROL MAGNATEC. Take a gander at some real good UOA's posted lately

+1

Anything that can be bought at several Autozone stores within a 200 mile radius for .50 cents a quart......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back