Semi auto, vs wheel gun? Big bore? 9mm?

What is a wheel gun? Odd, as I was a state cop for many years and I never came across one. Pistol, rifles, shotguns and revolvers but never any
"wheel gun".

On this topic I'm unsure why someone would pick a round that cant take medium or possibly larger sized game.

On this topic I'm unsure why someone would pick a round that cant take medium or possibly larger sized game.
See my post. You fire any high pressure round and it's LOUD. Sometimes unwanted attention arrives, sooner or later.

You have a point, but people have taken deer with .22LR

Here's a suggestion.

Any gun that can fire .38Special and 357Mag. .38Special light loads are pretty loud but not like 9mm

I even have a 38/357 wheel gun that I can swap the cylinder out and shoot 9mm

.357Mag in a rifle is a great deer round.

Perhaps. Sometimes dumb stuff lasts longer than it should.

Probably is dumb, but it was pretty self evident what was type of weapon was being referred to.

Today we call a single individual " they" so we never stopped saying dumb things and seemingly keeping making up more dumb stuff.

See my post. You fire any high pressure round and it's LOUD. Sometimes unwanted attention arrives, sooner or later.

Here's a suggestion.

Any gun that can fire .38Special and 357Mag. .38Special light loads are pretty loud but not like 9mm

I even have a 38/357 wheel gun that I can swap the cylinder out and shoot 9mm

.357Mag in a rifle is a great deer round.

Hence why I said Id take a 357 - wider choice of ammo, game, and noise.

While I will always say A higher end 1911 is by far the most wonderful to shoot and accurate pistol in the world I just love them . I would take a Glock 17 then a 19. next would be an XD Tactical, I bought a used XD in 2008 in 40 S@W and put over 40,000 rounds of my reloads throgh it cleaning it when it stopped functioning and it still works fine and never broke [ a 9mm should out last a 40]. Those two are choice for the end of the world type of fantasy.. I like the S@W Airweight to carry around just in case, Not a combat weapon though. I will chose a semi auto over a revolver any day for serious situations. What is nice about a revolver is it doesn't scatter brass.
Although Springfield Armory has caught some flak in recent years, the XD line, especially the service pistols are top notch. Not so sure about the XDM and hellcat and others. I have had a bitone XD9 for 15 years+ thousands of rounds=no issues.

Funny XDstory, I bought it when I lived in Wyoming. That day it was cold and snow was fresh, we went to the range to test fire. Me and my wife were the only ones there. Way out in the distance was a rifle target, supposedly at 100 meters. ( guess someone had left it there un shot), anyway, my wife gets her chance and fires one shot our target, maybe 15 feet away. No splash. I just happen to notice from the glare of the snow that the 100 yard target had a hit on it (shoot n see type). Went to observe, DEAD center DEAD center shot.

She cant see very good, and was not lining up the sights properly..........................or so she says.

Anyway, I have been impressed with the XD aswell.

Yes, Skippy, really.
Skippy huh?

Did you take that the wrong way? I thought it was funny, guess you didn't. I have never heard of someone who, while in a conversation about pistols, see the term "wheel gun" and wonder what that was. Maybe you need to back to the Stateys and learn some "street lingo" on firearms.

Dont be so touchy, I use Jif, not Skippy............oh and to save you some time, that is peanut butter.

Yes, Skippy, really.
The same holds true for those morons that call any firearm "range toys". If you were properly trained in the use of firearms, the word toy would never be associated with any gun.
Dip..... abound.
My 2 cents.
Remington calls it a wheelgun seems a commonly used term.
I think you might be the Dip..... on this one.
1695762871405.png

I am aware of someone (now diseased) with a vineyard who did varmint shooting of deer with a .22. At reasonable ranges he had better than a 90% single shot probability of kill.
In spite of this, I would take a .22 only as a second choice due to obvious limitations. They are awfully easy to silence though.

Yes, Skippy, really.
The same holds true for those morons that call any firearm "range toys". If you were properly trained in the use of firearms, the word toy would never be associated with any gun.
Dip..... abound.
I do not want to fight. And I did not mean my original reponse to your comment as an insult or other. I was genuinely in awe that someone had not heard the term "wheelgun" especially having been a police officer.

There are some "range toys". These are "nice" "exotic" type guns that you may covet or protect more than your normal "carry guns" or "duty guns", such as a ridiculous Stainless engraved Desert Eagle or something of the like, or perhaps a german mauser that has been converted to 45 ACP and silenced. Maybe a better way to say it would be "a gun that I really like to shoot, but would never carry".

Whether those "morons" should waste their money on range toys or not is a different story.

Back