Rarest oil or filter in your stash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taiwanette asked her uncle, and he gave her an old-stock magnetic oil filter which, AFAICT, seems to still be manufactured right next door in Kaoshiung (Gaoxiong). 150NT.

No idea how effective its likely to be, and I don't think I'll fit it until I implement some means of evaluating that (which may never happen), but even so its slightly intriguing. From the picture on the box, its an in-line magnet like the Magnaguard,

http://www.magna-guard.com/MagnaGuard.html

but it comes "built-in" to a throw-away spin-on filter.

http://www.hiwtc.com/products/s-n-power-auto-magnetic-oil-filters-1377795-71173.htm

71173.jpg

The leaflet in the box makes some fairly risible claims, (see below) which don't prove its useless, but don't exactly inspire confidence.

"THE EFFECTION OF MAGNETIC OIL FILTER

Idling RPM of engine will speed up 20-50 RPM after running 30 minutes and CO, HC will be reduced to 50% simultaneously [This sounds like its warming up, and unrelated to the device.]

After one week idling RPM will increase up about 200 RPM and CO, HC will be reduced to 50% to 90% simultaneously

Temporarily increasing of CO means decreasing of carbon"....etc, etc

I've got one quart of En-o-Co C1D that I got back in college for helping a friend drive his car across the state to put into long term storage. The can was a left over from his grandpa's service station from years ago.

This isn't a pic of mine, but this is what it looks like
7053_jpg.jpg

Never seen another one except on the internet.

A couple CANS of some Kendell SE rated oil. I do have some old Supertech oil filters when they had synthetic medias.

Here's one I bet ya ain't seen lately... No weight but probably at least straight 50, barely sloshes at room temp...

qsracefront.jpg

I have 2 3614 OCOD's. Found one in my dads garage when we were clearing out his estate in 2003. Found the other one in the trunk of a junk car I bought for parts in 2004, I think. Both nib.

A few days ago I topped off my Tribute with a bottle of SH-spec Valvoline All-Climate 5W-30 from the early 1990's.

I would have kept it, but the bottle was badly scuffed and worn, you couldn't read most of it, so I just used it.

Was from when my folks had a 1985 Reliant.

I got a couple jigs of 20w50 gtx because it was on clearance for $5 a jug. Also got 11 jugs LG Valvoline white 5w20 because it was on clearance for $1 per 5L jug

2nicqxh.jpg

2e5id91.jpg

2h34d2e.jpg

2ufv9ev.jpg

I thought I'd show you one of my favorites. The Kent Oil company was a refinery based in Salina, Kansas during the 1920s and 1930s. They had their own gas stations in Kansas and (I think) a few in Nebraska. Here are a few pictures of a 5 quart oil can, along with a book of matches and a road map from one of their gas stations. It's interesting (to me, anyway) that the Kent Oil company was putting their oil in 5 quart containers (as well as 1 quart containers) long before Wally World allegedly dictated to the oil companies that they could only sell 5 quart containers to WM. Occasionally you will see a 1 quart Jayhawk oil can sell on ebay for a ridiculously high price, but this is the only 5 quart container that I've seen. I'm sure that if some company would try to sell a product like this today, the University of Kansas would be all over them for copyright and logo theft.
I also have a Kent Oil neon sign that stood about 23 feet tall that was taken down from one of their gas stations and then warehoused. It has about 15 foot iron pipe with a diamond shaped sign on top of the post that stands about 8 feet tall, outlined with neon lights. It has the Jayhawk bird on it with the Kent Oil logo and a smaller rectangular sign under it that says "CAFE" on it. It is in the process of being refurbished.
Photos of that may follow....someday.

some sort of fram "high performance"oil filter.newest application on the box is 1971 iirc.
probably should put it on ebay for someone who needs a period correct filter.

i have a very heavy cast iron oil filter. fisher. cast in to the housing Type 254, a1169. it feels 15 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back