oil shortages??

Better stock up with 5 years worth of oil.

nahhh. a little extreme i suppose. 5 jugs would probably last me 5 years. but i guess some folks like that sorta thing. if i had a lot of cars to maintain i can see doing that but i just dont have the need.

My WalMart is out of fresh Jalapeños most of the time. So take your oil shortage conspiracy theories and wrap them around my taco that ain’t got no zip !

;)

Z

conspiracy theories are for those that mow grass without a blade on their mower, if you know what i mean. whether or not there is an oil shortage is just my local/regional observation over the course of several months. it is odd that this particular walmart is having this issue. it wasnt like this bad during covid. the tire & auto manager at walmart blamed it on supply chain issues. major shortage.... highly doubtful. poor management.... likely.

i hope your taco situation improves. im having a similar problem with natures own bread and motor city frozen pizza ;)

Reactions: wlk
My WM app has plenty. Don’t know what you’re talking about.

i was curious if this was happening elsewhere. but after seeing several say their store is fine, i think the issue with this particular store is just poor management.

Reactions: wlk
i was curious if this was happening elsewhere. but after seeing several say their store is fine, i think the issue with this particular store is just poor management.
Yes that is the common theme, a few of the Walmart stores in my area have been rearranging their stores and finding much of anything is a chore, also the map in their app has been disabled due to the renovations so you either have to hunt for it or ask someone.

The one store that is across the mountain from me and has a decent selection of oil has totally moved the Health & Wellness section up to the front of the store next to the entrance where most of the Walmart's have them, some of the stores are reversed from others.

I'll have to pay more attention in that one as they typically have the Euro-L 5w30, anytime I am over there I can try to pick up at least a jug.

Last edited:
My local Wally has been fully stocked for about 2 years. 2020/21 it was on the bare side.

The closest Walmart to me is the groery store only one. We go there from time to time. The nearest supercenter is about 6 miles from me. Place is a disaster. I quit going there. Never have anything stocked and what is stocked is a mess. Like some have said above, probably management is the issue.

I do, however, buy oil online from Walmart and have it shipped to my house. Buy a couple jugs and it's free shipping. Throw in some techron, shop towels, etc. Typically cheaper than Amazon. I always do it when somthing is on markdown, like the QSUP is now.

This way, you avoid the ridgerunner people (and their flu and COVID) and still get a good deal...........you should see the people there, especially after midnight. Talk about a sociological smorgasbord....

I have two that are around me, the closest one is always fully stocked. And the other one can be halfway there at times I think the management is key here. The one closest to me that's always stocked has had the same Auto manager for ~10 years and the other one you never see anybody hardly around.

No problem here at Walmart. I just hate going there. Oil is as far away from checkout that they can get it, so I get mine at Menards or Rural King.

have you guys noticed empty shelves at walmart lately? my local store is nearly bare. today they had no more than 10-15 total jugs. it has been this way for months. no QSUP, no castrol gtx or edge, very few bottles of m1. quart bottles of all brands are non existent. all flavors of 5w30 are nearly gone except for supertech. even the $37 royal purple is gone. what oil they do have is 0w20. no euro of any kind. havent seen a full shelf since right before thanksgiving. they do have plenty of oil filters though.

i had to go to autozone and get my oil. it was in a bundle deal with stp extended protection filter. not sure about the filter quality. never used this kind. but anyway, yall noticed a shortage in your area??

It's a very good filter

I noticed this years ago. My theory is local repair places get their oil/filters at Walmart instead of buying from a jobber. Improves profit margins.

Best thing about buying oil at Walmart is that you get to treat your eyes to the many spandex clad hotties rolling down the aisles.

I was in the AutoZone and Walmart that's right across the street from it in Bethel Park near South Park yesterday and their oil shelves are completely filled.

Back