Post your current MPG

The mileage has already started creeping downwards. I wonder if New England has already switched over to winter blend?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
The mileage has already started creeping downwards. I wonder if New England has already switched over to winter blend?

It has here. Last few tanks on wifes Subaru was 26.9-27.4 (before it started to get cold) and last two 25.6 - 25.8.

My last 2 tanks with the Corolla still up there but it does not seem to be effected as much by the winter blend. Snow tires hit it more...

Bill

BMW avg is 25 mixed driving
G35 is 18 mixed driving
Cbr1000rr is 30 mixed driving.

Crusing at 80 for a whole tank
BMW 32
G35 22
CBR1000 40

Last edited:
I just saw a jump. Less A/C use (The Swamp has cooled all the way to 82 for a high), three 10-12 mile highway trips in the week instead of 2, and (maybe???) 3 oz. of MMO added to the full 18-gal. tank at the beginning of the week. Still my usual 9-10 mile commute each way to work.

Previous week: 20.2.

This week: 22.5!!!

I always get better MPG in the "winter" months. In NC, A/C is used pretty much from April to September, non-stop. I pick up 10% in MPG in "winter".

'95 Grand Marquis, mixed driving, probably 10% city 90% highway, last few tanks were 23-24 mpg. Mileage has dropped off recently with winter gas.

1.) 2010 YARIS 3 door w/ auto : 37.1 ; has dipped with the colder days , rainy roads , and possibility of winter blend . Tires set at 35 p.s.i.. 1 click of gas nozzle .

2.) 2008 YARIS sedan w/ auto : 39.3 ; same as above . The sedan has always got better mileage than the 3 door .

About 35 mpg on a recent highway trip on the Saturn. Wasn't even trying, 70-80 mph most of the way and 15% of the tank was hard city driving.

18 mpg on the Altima V6. Yes greenies, hate on me.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
About 35 mpg on a recent highway trip on the Saturn. Wasn't even trying, 70-80 mph most of the way and 15% of the tank was hard city driving.

18 mpg on the Altima V6. Yes greenies, hate on me.

That is a bit strange that the Altima is so bad. It's supposed to be better than the manual in the city too. Up to what speed does the torque converter slip?

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
2007 Honda Accord 4cy/at 36 highway...full size car too

Since when is a Honda Accord a full size car? I get 26 MPG on my P71'S on the highway and 18 all around. I get to use a 03 Town Car every so often and that one also gets the same mileage.

2010 YARIS 3 door w/ auto : 42.17 ( calcultion ) , ECO-METER ( www.autometer.com/ecometer / ) 42 .
1.) tires: 35 p.s.i.
2.) VALERO 87 ( 10% ethanol ) + 1 click of nozzle
3.) 2 people
4.) overall speed 47 (25%city /75% Hwy.)
5.) winds : N.E. 10 > 20 m.p.h.
6.) avg.temp : 40
7.) oil : P.Y.B. 5w-30 ( SN , GF-5 ); 1st tank w/ this oil , can't say if it had an impact

Would think this to be the winter blend of gas .

Currently at 20 MPG with a stock 2004 Subaru WRX. It used purely for short trip to store and preschool drop off. The longest trip is about 6 miles tops through many lights.

My wife's 2005 Subaru Legacy GT(turbo) gets 24.3 MPG with 80 highway/20 city.

2003 Toyota Corolla; Mixed driving, sometimes lots of highway. Other times I drive a good amount of city + idling (I use the car for courier work).

I'll break it down by last three oils/conditions.

MC5000+MMO: 35.5. Summer use, A/C on constantly, mostly Shell 87, sometimes QT 87. Best of the summer/AC use MPG. Highest MPG- 36.4.

Pennzoil Platinum: 34.5. Same conditions as above. Best MPG- 36.2

Schaeffer's 9000: 37.3. Hardly using A/C. Also added 5 ounces Lubegard Red to the transmission. Best MPG- 46.6!

I'm very pleased with the MPG of this car. I think the rating is 26/38(not positive). The lowest MPG I've ever gotten was 30.57

I don't have a lot of data on the Fusion like the Corolla, but I'm pleased with it as well. Best MPG- 33.4. Worst MPG- 23.5. When I was using it for work, I was averaging around 27. Same conditions as the Corolla, A/C on constantly.

Also, I don't drive the cars real hard, most shifts under 3K RPM, around 70 on the highway.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
I've missed a few fill ups here but for the most part it's pretty accurate.

Nick, how do you drive the car? Seems like you should be able to average better in that car, unless you're a lead foot
19.gif

Nice car BTW.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Originally Posted By: Nick R
I've missed a few fill ups here but for the most part it's pretty accurate.

Nick, how do you drive the car? Seems like you should be able to average better in that car, unless you're a lead foot
19.gif

Nice car BTW.

mostly highway, but the little bit of city really kills it. If I drove slower on the highway I could probably get better too (75 usually). I have a bit of a heavy foot around town which is the big problem lol

Back