Post your current MPG

Yup.. hard to see but there's a Mazda emblem on the steering wheel. Majority of other Mazda's parts can be used without any modifications.

IMG_0660.jpg

11.2 average over the last 2 tanks (granted the tank is 42 gallons). Highway driving w/o overdrive in a 6000lb Suburban = major fuel suckage.

The FESTIVA had an amazing amount of headroom / legroom for such a small car . Especially with the rear seat folded all the way forward . Fit a new loveseat w/ a single fold out bed in it and a SONY 32" triniton tube t.v. and many other large / heavy items . Problem with those was the rear wheel bearings going bad and then eating into the spindle . Happened to us with a dark blue 1990 FESTIVA L-Plus with the 3 speed auto . Quite peppy with the 3 speed . We'd buy one again in a split second . Sorry to get offtrack , but those were the days .

Last edited:
Vehicle in sig.

Average 20-22 mixed and 27-30 hwy, depending on where I set the cruise.

Can't complain for an all-time AWD station wagon. Better than I was getting in my RWD V8 TBird.

Just gassed up the Buick this morning after two weeks and 343 miles of 80% city driving, almost no A/C use, no rain. I got 22.26 mpg!

The ethanol-free gas does pay off. Only 6 cents more a gallon than WM's alcohol-laced stuff.

In the Mazda6, I've been driving a lot more "normal" lately so my mpg has fallen to an average of 21 mpg mixed. (I had been at 25mpg mixed when gas was $4/gal)

Freeway mileage has varied between 25 mpg (E10, heavily loaded, into a headwind, A/C on) to 31 mpg (no ethanol)

The PT-GT is the only car that I didn't surpass the EPA listed mpg on. Average 19-20mpg mixed and never got better than 26 mpg freeway. (EPA 19 city/26 fwy) Adding insult to injury is it's taste for premium fuel. But with the seats out of the back, who needs an SUV? It'll carry it. And the 41TE, for all of it's reliability issues, is a very well sorted and intuitive. It's almost always in the right gear. I haven't used the AutoStick in a long time

The cressida get between 16 and 20 MPG, depending on conditions and how far I stick my foot in it.
I go on the freeway so rarely these days, but she used to get around 27-29, again, depending.

The truck..... 37 inch tires with 4.10 gears, super heavy driveline, tube work and winch on the front, warmed over 22re, well it gets like 14 corrected MPG in town (speedo is way off)
and 17-18 on the freeway. On a good day.
The race car gets 19-20 in town and 26ish on the freeway.
Right now it gets nothing, as it sits under a tree
frown.gif

2008 YARIS sedan w/ auto : 41.045 m.p.g. ( 376.8 mis. / 9.18 gals. , 1 click ). Was a fill of VALERO 89 ( winterblend ) with Techron ( 12 ounce ) . Car seems to be doing well for mileage since the head cylinder gasket replacement . Knock on aluminum .

Last edited:
Altima is getting about 18mpg as a result of city driving.

Saturn is averaging barely 20 with city driving, mid 20s if it is a mix of city and highway driving.

GMQ is running 23-24 mpg driving back and forth to work (primarily 55mph secondary roads, and 70+mph interstate) 15-ish or so city. Would do better if I kept my foot out of it...
wink.gif
Will pull high 20's on a steady longer hwy trip.

30 mpg record on freeway only with my 02 Accord V6 with 110k. I can hit 17 mpg city with enough short trips and drive thrus.

Current:

Focus = 29.3 on 'mixed' driving, winter gas, winter tires

Aspen = 13.5 on mostly city driving, winter gas, AT (hrr) tires

I get 20 mpg mixed in my GM 4.3 S10

surprised me it gets as good or better than many cars listed here.

Last edited:
Back