Oil Info Overload 0W-20

As long as you're willing to roll the dice...
Again, HPL has built its reputation on honesty and performance. They’re small enough that bad word of mouth in any of their product circles would do great harm to their business.

As @wwillson has shown, HPL delivers extreme protection (far past any shelf oil) and it’s still going. Like kschachn said, if there’s a failure it’s not due to the HPL itself. Infant mortality, poor heat treating, owner not maintaining oil levels- sure. But not an oil-caused failure. 👍🏻

Again, HPL has built its reputation on honesty and performance. They’re small enough that bad word of mouth in any of their product circles would do great harm to their business.

As @wwillson has shown, HPL delivers extreme protection (far past any shelf oil) and it’s still going. Like kschachn said, if there’s a failure it’s not due to the HPL itself. Infant mortality, poor heat treating, owner not maintaining oil levels- sure. But not an oil-caused failure. 👍🏻
I'm not questioning the company; I'm sure they are great. But if a motor blows, the first thing they ask for is oil records. If they see any non-certified oil, the case is closed with regards to warranty if they so choose. They can cite the owners manual as a reason. Sure one could fight it, but at what cost and time? That would drag out in court for years. It's almost as if I went through something like this. ;-) (NDA - I cannot discuss)

I'm not questioning the company; I'm sure they are great. But if a motor blows, the first thing they ask for is oil records. If they see any non-certified oil, the case is closed with regards to warranty if they so choose. They can cite the owners manual as a reason. Sure one could fight it, but at what cost and time? That would drag out in court for years. It's almost as if I went through something like this. ;-) (NDA - I cannot discuss)
You have no real knowledge that your statements are factual. Even so, only if the failure is caused by the oil - which it will not be.

Warranty is predicated on failure not grade, nor even license or approval.

Typical baseless fear mongering. Vague “NDA” references notwithstanding.

Yes the phantom NDA is often brought out in various circumstances to avoid having to support certain otherwise unsupported statements.
You ever think that's the majority of settlements before they go to trial? This goes back to your claims as to why nobody has "ever provided an example". Use some critical thinking. Might get you places.

You ever think that's the majority of settlements before they go to trial? This goes back to your claims as to why nobody has "ever provided an example". Use some critical thinking. Might get you places.
I’m more interested in this supposed NDA.

So i am in quite a bind here. I have a flaw where I research things to the point where it makes it difficult to conclude on the actual product to purchase (in this case Oil) m. I have a brand new Lexus which I plan to do all my own maintenence on (at increased intervals that Lexus recommended of every 10k miles). I have my choices down to Mobil 1, Pennzoil, or GTMO. I understand Exxon makes GtMO but also that its different than their Mobil 1 brand. I can get 6 qts of GTMO for around $40 locally vs market pricing on M1 and Pennzoil. What do you all recommend? I know GTMO has more moly which maybe explains the 10k oil change intervals however I just need someone to knock me straight. I plan to change after the first 1000 miles and then at every 5000 mile interval thereafter.

Thanks!

QS Ultimate Protection 5w30, every 5k if that's your plan, cheap and good oil. If you do rebates stock up on the PP while you can as you get the 2-for-1 deal. M1 0w30 if you walk into a store to buy just before an oil change is easily available. Can't go wrong with any of them really.

Back