Odd Amazon Pricing

I’ve had Walmart miss delivery dates far more often than Amazon. With that said price still rules and Walmart on good days gets me stuff in two days, on bad days they take as long as Amazon which is about a week.

Here in my part of the country, coastal NC we do not experience any Amazon delays. Meaning even though it’s slow as a snail the stuff arrives on the date it’s supposed to.

Having moved to a new home it’s been a banner year for the delivery industry at our house. 😉 We have lots of experiences from a multitude of companies, half the time we wonder what’s in the boxes 🤣 when they arrive.
Missed my point. I'm not talking about delays in shipping.

Amazon Prime Advertised delivery date. Then there is a target date, sometimes right after purchase, sometime 12-24 hours after purchase. Said date simply does not match the reason I made the purchase. Borderline false advertising (yeah there is fine print)

Last edited:
It seems 100% of the items I order from Amazon in which I need the item on the promised delivery date, is always 24-72 hours late. Every single time. On nearly 100% of the items that I don't care when it's delivered, it's either on the promised date or earlier.

Is that AI working?

Amazon Prime Advertised delivery date. Then there is a target date, sometimes right after purchase, sometime 12-24 hours after purchase. Said date simply does not match the reason I made the purchase. Borderline false advertising (yeah there is fine print)

Example. Still have not received. Has not shipped. They just keep floating the promise date out.

1701174958795.jpg

Example. Still have not received. Has not shipped. They just keep floating the promise date out.

View attachment 190621
The LIE continues, they just keep moving the date out. Not received and anyone who orders NOW think they will get it Monday, and if you ordered Tues, you thought you would get it Friday. How is this NOT false advertising? It's persistent!

Plus the fact they have had my money for over a month now.

1701406547969.jpg

Order cancelled. Screw Amazon.
Ever since they opened it up to become a “marketplace” it has been trash. I only buy oddball stuff from them, charging cables and my favorite TV bias lights are about it anymore.

Coincidentally, we’re STILL missing 2 shipments of flooring my wife ordered, 2 more were rendered “undeliverable” and it took 40 friggin minutes to get ahold of a real person to issue an actual refund. The AI “chat” kept giving me “refund and return items” or “replace and return items” as options…. Can’t do either BECAUSE THEY NEVER SHOWED UP!!!

Amazon and Walmart miss there dates constantly. What drives me nuts is Amazon will often say deliver on Sunday then give it to USPS. I know USPS does deliver some parcels on Sunday, but they don't here. So it never makes it.

Also, they will sometimes say arrives in 2 days, and then gives it to USPS to ship from California to South Carolina. A week later it arrives.

You think with the most sophisticated ERP system on earth they could figure out this zip code's issues.

Back