Ship in Amazon Packaging as an option

Today with two separate orders for car parts I was offered an option to ship in Amazon packaging at no extra charge. It seems like Amazon is going to just putting labels on the original package the item came with and shipping it that way. Not a bad way to save a buck for them considering their employees will put a pcv valve in a large box.
It is a three step process to do this though. First is to click on the ship in Amazon package button. Then when that window opens not only do you have to check a box with the item part number, then you have to click save too.

Sometimes I leave my orders in the original packing. If using Amazon packaging your original box is protected more with an extra layer of cardboard. It's much more cost effective for Amazon to just deliver products in their original package. I used to have them link to whats call MYQ which is an automatic garage door opener entry. My wife put the end to that because she felt it may not be good if a driver stole something out of the garage. I do purchase many items from Amazon.

I ordered a Dewalt Hammer drill recently and didnt pay attention to that checkbox. They took it out of the original dewalt box and put everything in a plain box. I was slightly irritated. Really irritated actually. I want the OG box. Too late now.

Amazon seems to have an "in" with the post office, and not in a nice way. More like a Mafia hostage situation.

I've gotten stuff from ebay in used Amazon boxes, quickly.

I guess I just had never seen the option before. It always came in an Amazon box, no matter what I ordered.

I have also not seen the option. Although we just got a Warehouse Deals rice cooker in nothing but its original box. Not surprisingly, it was dented, but then again that's Warehouse Deals

I actually did learn of Aquiline tracking which is something ebay inexplicably allows. It allows sellers to hide that they're just drop shipping from Amazon, which is not allowed per ebay policy

I never saw the option but have received a number of items with just a sticker on the product box, typically larger items. Im starting to wonder if retailers will start demanding shippable OEM boxes so they dont have to box or can be used as a selling point for a retailer to carry their product over another.

Some things may ship in their own packaging. This allows you to mask it so your amazon delivery person, neighbors can't see what you go.

I usually don't care if someone sees I bought brake pads, etc. But when I order electronics, I don't want to advertise that there's electronics. Less likely to go missing.

There have been many products over the years from Amazon, that have arrived without a outer box. All have arrived safely. It the envelopes they use that are a problem on occasion, like this week when the packaging for my oil filter was roughed up a little.

I just bought a pistol sight pusher tool from Amazon, something pretty heavy for its size, and it arrived in its own box with a shipping label slapped on it and that's it. The box wasn't even taped closed. It's amazing that it actually arrived unscathed.

I gave up bought corned beef hash $2.16 per can which is way cheaper than the supermarket. Other than buying a case? The cans always arrived dented. I tried choosing packaging and still poorly packaged. They did credit me and I told them what was happening, but no change.

I’m a shareholder and I do agree with Bezos they will go oob someday. Stock’s been underperforming as well

Back