No more Super Tech MP?

I doubt walmart shoppers are looking at micron ratings.

The STMP was a "deluxe generic" product. How do you market that?

The filter reads 20,000 miles. Who wants that? To the average WM shopper that's way too long. Sell em a product that meets spec they can change out on time (or even more often.) That's the DIY buyer that shops there.

Good Morning Eljefino,
It's interesting when I'm in the filter aisle at WalMart I do find younger people reading the boxes on the lower priced filters for making a selection. I also find the slots for the Supertech ST6607s and Fram PH7317s seem to sell the fastest! Those two filters are in that very affordable $4.00 sweet spot for a 5K OCI filter.

Last edited:
I stopped at a Walmart in Mobile AL and there were lots of MP filters in the clearance isle with the clearance sticker on them. Unfortunately the price was still $5.90. So on clearance at the original price. If they were $3 or less I would have bought a few, but I left them on the shelf.

There's "NO WAY" I would use these as the filter is just as important as the oil. Stick with the factory filter or a premium filter like K & N. Many of these cheap filter are poorly constructed and do NOT have a bypass valve.
K&n is in no way a premium oil filter anymore. Has not been for more than 5 years. Read up on it

They're just another Mobil1 zombie brand meme filter. Absolutely behind the competition by a large margin when it comes to filtration performance and tech. Only marketing and name label kept them relevant. While their bread and butter is mainly air filtration in which they have a production facility in Texas dedicated for, their oil filters are just private labels from the cheapest bidder to even white box chineseium on their motorsports line.

K&n is in no way a premium oil filter anymore. Has not been for more than 5 years. Read up on it
I cringe every time I walk into Advance Autoparts and see that 17.99 price label and when opening up the box and looking through the center hole with a flashlight to see a cellulose blend and ecore center tube lol.

Noticed my local Walmart also cleaned out the whole shelf space were the MP filters sat. Kind of sad as the MP10575 was the only one they carried in that flavor. No ST10575 allocated space either.

Walmart in Canada only sells Fram filters for what it's worth.

I have started noticing a good number of Walmarts in my travels in Ontario that have been putting all of their Fram products on clearance now though. I think they might be trying to scale back their automotive sections in a lot of locations actually. In these stores I've been seeing their air filters and cabin filters marked down to $10 and I saw Ultra oil filters for $8.

Noticed my local Walmart also cleaned out the whole shelf space were the MP filters sat. Kind of sad as the MP10575 was the only one they carried in that flavor. No ST10575 allocated space either.
I might be heading to the WM superstore today Ill check and grab one (7317) for the next OCI on the wife's car.

The local dealer parts counter charged her over 70 bucks(!) for a gallon jug and one qt of Subaru oil and a tokyo roki filter!
The stuff may be golden, but I'll take polished silver at this point. - Arco

I might be heading to the WM superstore today Ill check and grab one (7317) for the next OCI on the wife's car.

The local dealer parts counter charged her over 70 bucks(!) for a gallon jug and one qt of Subaru oil and a tokyo roki filter!
The stuff may be golden, but I'll take polished silver at this point. - Arco
No more MP7317 at my store, and no equivalent ST - they want to put you in a smaller size in the ST conversion.

Only option I saw were Fram. The orange can is back to the regular current Fram louver build with the silicon valve. It had gone e-core for a moment but seems to be back to following the other Fram builds.

No more MP7317 at my store, and no equivalent ST - they want to put you in a smaller size in the ST conversion.

Only option I saw were Fram. The orange can is back to the regular current Fram louver build with the silicon valve. It had gone e-core for a moment but seems to be back to following the other Fram builds.
UPDATE. From my trip to WM yesterday.

True as told: No MP No ST 7317 shelf slot. There was just one Fram orange can in the 7317 slot. Checked it - had metal core and a silicone rubber ADBV. Didn't buy it. Don't like how Frams run on this engine.

I guess I'll be running a WIX XP (ran great last try) or buy some bulk qty of the Tokyo Roki or even some Honda Blue Fram.

Back