Fram Titanium FS10575 C&P

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
2020 silverado 1500 5.3L 117,000miles
5900 miles in service

out/off: 8 quarts Mobil 1 EP HM 0w-20 with Fram Titanium FS10575

in/on: 8 quarts Valvoline EP HM 5w-30 with Carquest Premium 84502 (PG with silicone gasket)

wavy but no visible tears.

IMG_6167.jpeg

IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_6170.jpeg

IMG_6171.jpeg

IMG_6172.jpeg

IMG_6173.jpeg

IMG_6174.jpeg

IMG_6175.jpeg

2018 Silverado 1500 5.3L 122,000 miles
in service 6100 miles

in/on: 8 quarts Valvoline EP HM 5w-30 with Carquest Premium 84502 (PG with Silicone Gasket)

IMG_6176.jpeg

IMG_6177.jpeg

IMG_6178.jpeg

IMG_6179.jpeg

IMG_6185.jpeg

IMG_6180.jpeg

IMG_6181.jpeg

IMG_6182.jpeg

IMG_6183.jpeg

IMG_6174.jpeg

Last edited:
Any waves = TOTAL FAIL ! 😜 @ZeeOSix has been preaching this to us a while now, get with the program gang.

Brendan, thanks for the cut and posts, great work. Where did you get those textured rubber gloves? I had some just like them given to me and finally used them all up, I need some more.

Any waves = TOTAL FAIL ! 😜 @ZeeOSix has been preaching this to us a while now, get with the program gang.

Brendan, thanks for the cut and posts, great work. Where did you get those textured rubber gloves? I had some just like them given to me and finally used them all up, I need some more.
But, but it's a Fram=No longer a big deal. "it's not a beauty contest" he says. :LOL:

Last edited:

Yeah I dig the gloves too. Nice...
advance auto is where i get them, they are the only gloves i can stand to use. still can’t grip an oil filter with them but they’re the best in everything else.

2020 silverado 1500 5.3L 117,000miles
5900 miles in service

in/on: 8 quarts Valvoline EP HM 5w-30 with Carquest Premium 84502 (PG with silicone gasket)

wavy but no visible tears.

View attachment 209688

View attachment 209693

View attachment 209694

View attachment 209695

View attachment 209696

View attachment 209697

View attachment 209698

View attachment 209699

View attachment 209700

Nice photos of both filters. Thank You for cut and post sir 👍🍺🇺🇸🇨🇦

But, but it's a Fram=No longer a big deal. "it's not a beauty contest" he says. :LOL:
You guys have it twisted backwards too, lol. I've said wavy pleats are a not a big deal to worry about on any filter. It is only a beauty contest. So stop twisting this up. Now overly wide pleats, which is not the same thing as wavy pleats, can be a concern for obvious reasons.

I've never said wavy pleats constitute a "fail". I've said many times it's NOT an indication of a "fail", and also has no real connection to quality. Show me where I've said or claimed wavy pleats means a "failure". They may not look good in the C&P "beauty contest", but it's not a "failure". Some others here have that mindset, but I don't if you read a bit better. 😜 😄

You guys have it twisted backwards too, lol. I've said wavy pleats are a not a big deal to worry about on any filter. It is only a beauty contest. So stop twisting this up. Now overly wide pleats, which is not the same thing as wavy pleats, can be a concern for obvious reasons.

I've never said wavy pleats constitute a "fail". I've said many times it's NOT an indication of a "fail", and also has no real connection to quality. Show me where I've said or claimed wavy pleats means a "failure". They may not look good in the C&P "beauty contest", but it's not a "failure". Some others here have that mindset, but I don't if you read a bit better. 😜 😄
So you're saying that Fram twisted pleats are okay because of the media they use does not tear easy.
Got it 👍 🤪
So when Fram gets around to cheapening the media what's stopping it from tearing then when it twists.. 🤔

I've said many times that wavy pleats are not an issue on any filter, unless the media tears. But as discussed many times, widely spaced pleats can obviously tear, but if wavy pleats are not widely spaced they won't tear. It's not rocket science, and this has been discussed many times. Wavy pleats are only a visual aspect that don't cause any issue except to get the "beauty contest judges" upset. 😄

Where have I ever said wavy pleats are a "fail". That's what some others here think. I say the opposite.

So when Fram gets around to cheapening the media what's stopping it from tearing then when it twists.. 🤔
People who stop buying it. Just like people stopped buying Purolators when they started tearing.

No louvers in these Titaniums. What's the date code on these?

Back