New Michelin Evergrip

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Emerging grooves"-- now those sound kind of whacky.

I imagine the rubber flaps that cover these grooves wearing away until they break away one at a time, making for a funny looking tire.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
"Emerging grooves"-- now those sound kind of whacky.

I imagine the rubber flaps that cover these grooves wearing away until they break away one at a time, making for a funny looking tire.

I don't think there will be rubber flaps. It looks like (from the poor picture of the drawing)the tread is shaped like a trapezoid. As the tread wears down it will provide more of a grove to channel water since the tread is thinner (width, not depth) near the center of the tire.

Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
2 many marketing gimik , the picture says it all. a bunch of writing with 20 words in big? Marketing guys marketing.

So, since you obviously were personally involved in the research, development, and testing of these tires, what more can you tell us about them?

21.gif

LOL !!!! GY has been using Evolving Traction Grooves in their Tripletreds since late 2012, which is basically the same thing.

so this is basically their new standard touring tire with an emphasis more on traction vs 100000mile warranty ala defender??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
so this is basically their new standard touring tire with an emphasis more on traction vs 100000mile warranty ala defender??

Premium touring. This is probably going to replace the Primacy MXV4.

Looks like a great tire.

should be all around amazing tire.

would be interested to see how it stacks up on tirerack vs other tires such as altimax rt43

although its H and V rated so its more a Grand touring/high performance tire.

IMO this tire looks great so far.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
Looks like a great tire.

should be all around amazing tire.

would be interested to see how it stacks up on tirerack vs other tires such as altimax rt43

although its H and V rated so its more a Grand touring/high performance tire.

IMO this tire looks great so far.

Yep.

Every tire that Michelin has introduced, has been a game-changer to its segment. Time and time again, Michelin's R&D has proven to be cutting-edge and far ahead of the competition.

Just look at the recent TR test of the Primacy MXV4 vs the Serenity Plus. The Michelin tire from 2005 ranked #2 against tires that were just launched in 2012. that tells you a lot.

IDK myself but, do you really thing this will be a replacement to the MXV4 or, in addition to the MXV4 as maybe a lower cost alternative???

Just asking!
smile.gif

If you hit tenderloins link there is more information about the emerging groves...

They list both the MXV4 and Premier A/S for my Acura... they rate the handling of the Premier A/S an 8 where the MXV4 is 9 (but the MXV4 is a 9 in braking where the Premier is a 10)

Also, what is with Michelins names lately did they hire the name guy from Conti???

Originally Posted By: The Critic
This is probably going to replace the Primacy MXV4.

NO!
eek.gif

I just got my Primacy MXV4's, I've never had a all season do so well in a terrible winter like we are having in NYC these days.
I hope Premier's are the same way.

The Premier A/S will replace the Primacy MXV4's. They will continue to make the OE fitments sizes for a while but will all be replaced eventually. I think it is pretty ausesome what they are saying that this tire stops shorter at half tread that [censored] serentiy plus and gy tripletred brand new.

Originally Posted By: FordFocus
The Premier A/S will replace the Primacy MXV4's. They will continue to make the OE fitments sizes for a while but will all be replaced eventually. I think it is pretty ausesome what they are saying that this tire stops shorter at half tread that [censored] serentiy plus and gy tripletred brand new.
Eeeeeehhhhhh....... They Better be as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back