My boss is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Bet you've never thought that before. My boss has a work truck. It's a 06, 07 Chevy 1/2 ton P.U. He goes out in the morning, starts it up, and let's it idle darn near all day! Out there in the parking lot! He might go into town for a little bit, but most of the day, it's just sitting there, idling. I mentioned it to him, and he says it won't hurt anything. The reason he does this, is that he wants to put hours on it, to show that he is using his truck. What an idiot. That's one truck I want to stay away from during the fleet auction!

Last edited:
It should be possible for people like this to be locked up for wastage of valuable energy and environmental ignorance. Idiot doesn't really sum it up.

Originally Posted By: Rand
and this has what to do with motor oil?

Extended idling puts fuel into the oil.

Sounds like he might be one of those bosses that always hires people less intelligent than himself to boost his ego.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Scorch
Why would anyone in their right mind want to put MORE hours on a vehicle?

Several possibilities come to mind: (1) if he doesn't use it, it might get taken away and/or (2) for tax reasons

Originally Posted By: BobFout
Originally Posted By: Scorch
Why would anyone in their right mind want to put MORE hours on a vehicle?

Several possibilities come to mind: (1) if he doesn't use it, it might get taken away and/or (2) for tax reasons

So, another low-life scam artist. Hooray! Make him pay for the truck, and the horrible waste of $4/gallon gas.

Originally Posted By: OldCowboy
Isn't extended idling illegal in LA??

Is it Los Angeles or Louisiana though?

Originally Posted By: BobFout
Originally Posted By: Rand
and this has what to do with motor oil?

Extended idling puts fuel into the oil.

Of course it does not have to have anything to do with motor oil since we are in the General and Off Topic forum.

What he saves in taxes, if that is his reason, he probably spends in fuel.

Originally Posted By: Bamboooo
Wow. Bet you've never thought that before. My boss has a work truck. It's a 06, 07 Chevy 1/2 ton P.U. He goes out in the morning, starts it up, and let's it idle darn near all day! Out there in the parking lot! He might go into town for a little bit, but most of the day, it's just sitting there, idling. I mentioned it to him, and he says it won't hurt anything. The reason he does this, is that he wants to put hours on it, to show that he is using his truck. What an idiot. That's one truck I want to stay away from during the fleet auction!

call the cops or have his truck towed. tip off a thug on a free truck!

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Originally Posted By: Bamboooo

call the cops or have his truck towed. tip off a thug on a free truck!

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back