My Dog Passed Away Yesterday

I'm very sorry. We lost our 12 year old Doberman, Harley, on January 7th. She was the sweetest dog. I have had dogs all my life and loved them all, but losing Harley just crushed my wife and I. My wife cried for three days. Even talking about her now puts tears in my eyes.

Harley had an amzing life and lived the fullest. From hiking, to playing with out chihuahuas and our kids. She loved laying out in backyard on a nice day. She was always on patrol!

A friend of my wifes called us a few weeks after we lost Harley and has a friend who is a doberman breeder and they had 2 females left. Nothing will replace Harley, but giving another Doby a home fits right in with us. So, we get baby Jorja. Loving her too.

Having dogs is one of the pleasures in life, it just stinks that they don't live as long as we would like them too.

WORTH IT THOUGH! Even when it is tough in the end.

I lost my best four legged friend-ever (pictured here) about 10 months ago. I talk to him for a few minutes every day since.
I walked Roscoe twice a day (two miles each time) for 12 years. He was so intelligent and learned about 200 words / phrases of the English language. Full of obedience, loyalty, courage and a master protector of our property.

We've replaced angelic Min Schnauzer Roscoe with a similar devilish Min Schnoodle (Henry). Totally different mannerisms with this guy..... operates best as a thief and troublemaker.....lol

I went thru this dog dying stuff four other times in our long marriage. I feel yours and your wife's pain. I sure hope your sorrow doesn't last as long as ours. Every time I walk the subdivision every day, I think of Roscoe being next to me and hate it when total strangers come hurriedly to the front sidewalk asking me why I don't walk Roscoe any more. That's when I always tear-up.

I can't walk Henry. I've had so many different bone replacements and can't seem to bend down to pick up the dog poop anymore. I'm not buying one of those grabber shovels and walking around with it for two miles every day. So for now, Henry stays home.

Last edited:
I lost my best four legged friend-ever (pictured here) about 10 months ago. I talk to him for a few minutes every day since.
I walked Roscoe twice a day (two miles each time) for 12 years. He was so intelligent and learned about 200 words / phrases of the English language. Full of obedience, loyalty, courage and a master protector of our property.

We've replaced angelic Roscoe with a similar devilish Schnoodle (Henry). Totally different mannerisms with this guy..... operates best as a thief and troublemaker.....lol
So you went from a paladin to a rogue.

A puppy is like a box of chocolates, to steal a line from Forrest Gump.

So sorry for your loss. I still miss by big Newfie and every once in a while you find something that brings all those memories, and the pain, crashing back. Sounds like most here know exactly what you are going through.

Back