Mobil 1 Vs Royal Purple vs Penzoil Ultra vs Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kuato
warranties will not be honored with M1 because Chrysler hasn't done whatever certification for M1 -- yet.

Best of luck to them in court if they try to refuse coverage because M1 is not officially certified. As long as it "meets" the spec that is all the law requires. Actually, it is all Chrysler's own owner's manuals require.

The OP and his friend let a dealer scam them.

I can say that the AMSOIL 0w-40 did well in my 2011 GMC Acadia, better than the OE and the XL. I know that it isn't spec'ed for this application and don't care. Not worried about warranty since I'm doing UOA's. I think it would be a good choice to try, just run a UOA to see how it performs over the other 0w-40's. I'm sure Pablo would provide it at a good price.

From the majors brands available OTC at any local store Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 and Valvoline Synpower 0w40 are the cheapest high VI 40 by far. The Synpower is only SJ rated though which is why I was trying to find out more about it here. I think it maybe the European version as it has the same approvals. Nulon also make a 0w40 which has good specs, Its more expensive though. There is also Liqui-Moly which is more expensive again and not so easy to get. RP is apparently available but I never see it and it's most likely more expensive than M1.

My car specs 10w40 so this is useful info but I was just curious more than anything

Originally Posted By: dparm
There are two different PU 0w40s. There is the "SRT" version and the "Euro" version.

Dang, that must have slipped by me. Is the Euro one available anywhere yet?

Originally Posted By: Rat407
I can say that the AMSOIL 0w-40 did well in my 2011 GMC Acadia, better than the OE and the XL. I know that it isn't spec'ed for this application and don't care. Not worried about warranty since I'm doing UOA's. I think it would be a good choice to try, just run a UOA to see how it performs over the other 0w-40's. I'm sure Pablo would provide it at a good price.

What Amsoil 0W40??? They only have a 4-stroke 0W40 for ATV's and such. No 0W40 for automotive use? Unless this is so new it isn't on their site or something? Are you sure you don't mean 5W40?

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

What Amsoil 0W40??? They only have a 4-stroke 0W40 for ATV's and such. No 0W40 for automotive use? Unless this is so new it isn't on their site or something? Are you sure you don't mean 5W40?

Exactly, I used the ATV oil in my Acadia. Like I said it worked well.

Exactly, I used the ATV oil in my Acadia. Like I said it worked well.

Not sure I would run ATV oil in a newer vehicle, or any vehicle for that matter, but if it works for you then
thumbsup2.gif

Nope, I'm running RP Syncromax in my BMW gearbox and like it.
RP 0W-40 is a decent oil and I would prefer it to Castrol Edge 0W-40 (which isn't being compared here) and pretty much all 5W-40s.

Not sure I would run ATV oil in a newer vehicle, or any vehicle for that matter, but if it works for you then
thumbsup2.gif

Maybe not for a new 5W-30 engine, but Amsoil AFF 0W-40 is API SL/CF (and is SJ, SH, SG) and actually works just fine in "vehicles"
grin2.gif

Amsoil AFF 0W-40

I would run Amsoil 0w40 in a Euro vehicle without hesitation. Motul SnowPower is a similar product (0w40 for cold weather 4-stroke motors) that I would also use. I believe Bel-Ray and Yamaha make similar products too. They're all API rated.

Originally Posted By: lighteningbee
who makes the best 0w-40 quality synthetic oil for my 392 hemi engine

Thanks and I apologize if this question has been asked before

lighteningbee,

No apologies necessary buddy:) In your case since you have a Chrysler engine I would just stick with using Pennzoil synthetic oil and do you OCI's according to the book along with a Mopar or Purolator filter.

Durango

Originally Posted By: Pablo

thumbsup2.gif

Maybe not for a new 5W-30 engine, but Amsoil AFF 0W-40 is API SL/CF (and is SJ, SH, SG) and actually works just fine in "vehicles"
grin2.gif

Amsoil AFF 0W-40

Pablo due you know or can find out what the HTHSV is of this PAO based oil?
If I had to estimate I would peg it at about 3.7-3.8cP based on the KV100 and VI spec's.

For Canadian members, this oil is readily available as a stocked item at Cdn Tire and actually sells for less than the list price of M1 0W-40 when it's not on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back