Mobil 1 5W50 for Camry 2.4 03?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Mobil 1 5w50 is the factory fill for the Mercedes SLR (which is likely to see high fuel dilution and high temperature extremes). Can be that bad an oil.

Miro from "Synlube 4 life" reckons 5w50 is best grade for engine life. All most may not agree with his OCI intervals.

Currently trying out Fuchs 10w30 Super GTO MC oil a fully synthetic group III, I have used 5w50 supersyn when on sale.

How is the performance and FC after using Fuchs?

Quote:

CAFE

Corporate Average Fuel Economy.

US carmakers have to meet a government standard for fuel economy or pay a penalty.

CAFE is the acronym for that program.

Quote:

Quote:

M1 5W50 is the no #1 syn grade in Australia and many Camrys run it. You have high constant heat it should be a good choice. Remeber americans have CAFE we don't

Meaning the oils sold in USA are guaranteed for fuel economy?

CAFE?

When using the Mobil 1 5w50 supersyn (SL version)there was a very slight ticking for about 3-5 seconds as start up, I last used this about 18 months ago.

The Fuchs has been in the engine for about 3 weeks, 600km, no noise at start up. Fuel economy remains unchanged as it is most city driving trips around 10km.

Comparing the 2 probably would lean towards the Fuchs at this stage. Regarding performance difficult to tell as I am a light footed driver, the Fuchs seems as be as smooth if not smoother than the 5w50 at idle.

Will be watching oil consumption especially next 2 months during summer when temperatures reach around 35-40 deg. C.

Virginoil

I find that, when revving the rpm from 2k to 4k is pretty good but a bit sluggish from there onward. The oil is still new in my crank only run for abt 3000km. Well will change to 0w30 when reached 8000km after reading all the info about thinner oil here...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back