Mobil 1 10W40T Motorcycle Vs Redline 10W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Honda TRX450R I have been running the Mobil 1 for the last couple oil changes. I picked up a couple quarts today of the Redline 10W40 Synthetic. Has anyone had good luck with this stuff, this is my first time using it.

I think John is referring to the fact that Redline is one of the best oils out there, that many people use with utmost confidence

Last edited:
O alirght tha makes in your opnion is it better that AMSOIL because it seems like that is what everyone talks about

Amsoil, Redline, Schaeffers all make excellent lubricants. In certain applications, one brand may have an edge over another one. But all in all, they are all top of the food chain oils.

Welcome to Bitog :)

Originally Posted By: adoty2001
O alirght tha makes in your opnion is it better that AMSOIL because it seems like that is what everyone talks about

You will soon learn that what people talk about on BITOG is not the same as best. Best is what you are after - after you decide what variables are important to YOU. In MC oils, shearing is a typical problem. Amsoil MC oils rarely if ever shear, and actually some people here on BITOG will still talk them down....see where I'm going? (Although lately when a good Amsoil MC UOA comes in, it's typically silence)

Quote:

No experience with MC oil, but check my sig below; I have no problem running either of the company's products.

Don't use it on the clutch side. It's a MB oil might make your clutch slip. Use a MA oil or a gearbox specific oil

As much as I like Redline the new motorcycle oil is still MB rated.

I'd use a MA-2 spec oil in a wet clutch/high-perfomance application.

Originally Posted By: cven
As much as I like Redline the new motorcycle oil is still MB rated.

I'd use a MA-2 spec oil in a wet clutch/high-perfomance application.

I just contacted Redline about this. I'll post their reply.

Alex

Alexander,

Thank you for contacting Red Line Oil, our Motorcycle oils are compatible with wet clutches, they aren't too slippery and would be safe for use. Our oils contain moly so classified as an MB oil though the particular type moly we use doesn't adversely affect the clutch performance or operation. Our 10W40 Motorcycle Oil will perform well in your Ducati.
We would recommend allowing the rings to seat in a fresh engine for 1500 to 2000 miles before installing our oils.

Regards, Dave
Red Line Oil

Currently running RL 10-40 in an air-cooled Aprilia scooter. Great stuff. But honestly, if you change the oil regularly in your TRX, you'll find little difference over the long haul between M1, RL or even RTS (Rotella Synthetic). The moly/clutch issue is not a factor in the oils mentioned. Shearing can be an issue, as Pablo mentioned. It's addressed by sensible change intervals. Only a UOA can tell you for sure what your sweet spot is for that piece of equipment and how you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back