New Can-Am 700 Single Cylinder Oil

My 2023 Can-Am Outlander XT 700 will need an oil change this year at some point. I only have about 8-9 hours on the machine, and the oil is brand-new in it. I noticed an oil leak and the dealer tracked it down to a non-sealing crush washer (weird). Any rate, they drained and filled the machine (so less than 10 minutes on this oil). I'll probably have to change it at some point this early summer.

The engine in this machine is a new single cylinder 700. New for 2023. Sounds like a Honda/Yamaha.

They (BRP) call for their XPS 5W-40 which is a synthetic blend. Can't imagine it is anything spectacular. A lot of what I've seen, folks are running T6 5W-40 in their machines.

I am trying to choose between Mobil 1 0W-40 FS Euro or T6 5W-40. I have both on hand and use them both in other things. They look so very similar here, with maybe the M1FS having an advantage in cold flow and or the TBN.

Don't think I will spring for the BRP/XPS oil. I have looked for a VOA but can't seem to find any for it.

Thoughts on picking between the two? I have taken info/pics from other members on here (thanks AntDeek and SynOilFan!), the RT6 is 2021, not sure if it has changed much.

Mobil 1 0W-40 FS Euro SP
Moly 71
Boron 145
Magnesium 1140
Calcium 1443
Phos 927
Zinc 1026

Viscosity at 100C 13.4 cSt

Base No. 10.4

Oxidation 7
Nitration 7
Rotella T6 5W-40 circa 2021
Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 3.16.17 PM.jpg

Use JASO MA2 rated oil in grade manual specs. The newer machines have catalytic converters, diesel oils will clog catalytic converters. So do not use diesel rated oils. Automotive grade oils have low zddp. I would only use oils designed for atv, sxs, UTV with JASO MA2 rated.

Use JASO MA2 rated oil in grade manual specs. The newer machines have catalytic converters, diesel oils will clog catalytic converters. So do not use diesel rated oils. Automotive grade oils have low zddp. I would only use oils designed for atv, sxs, UTV with JASO MA2 rated.
Only if it's burning lots of oil will it damage the cat.

Back