Motul 7100 10W40 vs Ipone Full Power Katana 10W40 Ester for Yamaha MT25

Hello, I want to ask about motorcycle oils that confused me about the grade of it. The first one is Motul 7100 10W40 and second one is Ipone Katana 10W40. Both of them are Ester based oils and the price are pretty much the same only about 1-2 dollars difference. The country I'm living is Indonesia on Jakarta and the weather pretty much are never cold and the coldest are about 24+ celcius and the hottest can be 30 - 37 degrees celcius. The main thing for me about the oils are the durability/oil evaporation, change interval for the oils (since I rarely have time to change the oil myself), what's better for the motorcycle in terms of durability, performance and longevity for the motorcycle. The traffic is pretty much stop and go in my city. (also the API rating for both oil in my country is API-SN) can't find the API-SP one on my country.
This are the specification for Motul 7100 10W40
1703432360522.png

And this are specification for Ipone Full Power Katana 10W40
1703432562639.png

Thank you

If volatility mattered to me, I'd pick a 10W-30.

Properties that point to low volatility are:
- high flash point
- low-ish viscosity index

and high TAN points to higher ester content

Is that jaso approval important for your bike?

With stop and go traffic you are not likely to run full throttle for extended periods, so a very high hot viscosity isn't helpful

If volatility mattered to me, I'd pick a 10W-30.

Properties that point to low volatility are:
- high flash point
- low-ish viscosity index

and high TAN points to higher ester content

Is that jaso approval important for your bike?

With stop and go traffic you are not likely to run full throttle for extended periods, so a very high hot viscosity isn't helpful
Okay so based on the specification of each oil, you would recommend the Ipone Full Power katana? Because the Motul 7100 has higher flash point and does not have TAN points. and the reason I want to choose 10W-40 because I read that 10W30 is for temperature range up to 30 degrees c but the climate in my country is usually 33+c max up to 38c

I would go for motul 7100 10w40.
Depending on availability, petronas is a very good option

You can go thier own oil finder on their website.
I have used Sprinta F900 10W-50 (full synthetic).
They do 10/40 and semi's as well depending on how deep your pocket is.

Objectively speaking either Motul or French Ipone will meet or exceed your mileage expectations... because Blackstone's 35 years worth of racing and street motorcycle oil analysis shows no significant differences in WEAR between the grades or brands...

Motul7100.JPG

Last edited:
Back