Michelin CrossClimate2 Tires

Aw man! Consumer Reports tested these to last 95,000 miles. Im sure mine will meet that. Consumer Reports tested it in a lab! Rofl!

Even if cc2's wet and or dry is not better than psas4, they are still a great Tire in all conditions. They're not the best and some conditions but for an all-around All Season Tire that really has a heck of a lot going for it on a bad winter day they're pretty hard to beat.

I put a set of them on my 2016 CRV and I'm very happy with them.

Even if cc2's wet and or dry is not better than psas4, they are still a great Tire in all conditions. They're not the best and some conditions but for an all-around All Season Tire that really has a heck of a lot going for it on a bad winter day they're pretty hard to beat.

My only complaint so far has been dry braking is a bit less than excellent. I hope a CC3 comes out by the time mine are done.

You drive an old sedan and a minivan. Get over it.
It doesn't matter. The most fun I've had is driving my 200hp suv on gravel roads and in the sand. Sure you spend your time at 5500 rpm and get like 8 mpg but it's still cheaper than a $60k sports car. And it's somewhat difficult to floor a sports car through the first four gears without going 120 and having to slow down again.

It doesn't matter. The most fun I've had is driving my 200hp suv on gravel roads and in the sand. Sure you spend your time at 5500 rpm and get like 8 mpg but it's still cheaper than a $60k sports car. And it's somewhat difficult to floor a sports car through the first four gears without going 120 and having to slow down again.
For sure, but aside from lateral traction, his car isnt taxing a tire.

This is what some people obtusely cannot seem to get their noggins around. This class of tire is not about having the top performance in any single category, but rather it is about maximizing the total sum performance from all categories. They do not actually sacrifice much in that pursuit in regular driving.

There is merit to this approach for real drivers in regular cars in the real world. CC2s will have generally better performance than OEM tires in any given category regardless.

This is what some people obtusely cannot seem to get their noggins around. This class of tire is not about having the top performance in any single category, but rather it is about maximizing the total sum performance from all categories. They do not actually sacrifice much in that pursuit in regular driving.

There is merit to this approach for real drivers in regular cars in the real world. CC2s will have generally better performance than OEM tires in any given category regardless.
And that is absolutely correct.
But, as I said before, just give it a few more months, and it will have better cornering characteristics than Michelin Pilot Cup2 on our friend KIA. That is with everything he buys. Whatever, but let's keep things real.
CC2 is an extremely well-rounded tire. But all-weather tires are more of a jack of all trades than all seasons, especially UHP all seasons. Compounds made for better ice traction give up on wet traction.

Laterally, I bet they do perform better and that will show up on lap times for sure. All I can show is my results.
Also,
Tyre reviews tested the Euro tire. Different compounds.
It is not. That is the US lineup! PA4AS is not available in Europe, and X-Ice is ONLY available in Nordic countries and has minuscule sales compared to the Alpin lineup. Test was geared for American customers and many American tyre testing companies do tests in Finland.

It is not. That is the US lineup! PA4AS is not available in Europe, and X-Ice is ONLY available in Nordic countries and has minuscule sales compared to the Alpin lineup. Test was geared for American customers and many American tyre testing companies do tests in Finland.
No, it's the EU version that he tested, which has a different compound from the US version, which I have, which may be why my wet braking and acceleration performance is better than he saw.

No, it's the EU version that he tested, which has a different compound from the US version, which I have, which may be why my wet braking and acceleration performance is better than he saw.
So, he tested tire for only US market (PS4AS) combined with CC2 for EU market, and winter tire for Nordic countries and US.
Exactly what is the point then?

The EU CC2 has emphasized wet braking and handling as wet conditions are most prevalent for market that it is developed (Netherlands, Belgium, Germany (except Alps), Luxemburg. If anything, EU CC2 has actually better wet performance.

So, he tested tire for only US market (PS4AS) combined with CC2 for EU market, and winter tire for Nordic countries and US.
Exactly what is the point then?

The EU CC2 has emphasized wet braking and handling as wet conditions are most prevalent for market that it is developed (Netherlands, Belgium, Germany (except Alps), Luxemburg. If anything, EU CC2 has actually better wet performance.
Doubtful, as it has lower rolling resistance and only 8.something/32 tread depth. Compared to 10/32 on the North American tire.

Also, my testing on damp pavement for acceleration seems to indicate the compound is more geared to wet, as the 60' times are same as psas4 (or better) on my car, which has absurdly consistent 60' times. They typically vary by 0.01 second at most on same pavement, even given wild charge % differences, because the car has enough power even at 30% to spin all 4 and the computer just feeds it as much power as the tires can use. Pretty useful comparison tool for maximum traction assessment.

Doubtful, as it has lower rolling resistance and only 8.something/32 tread depth. Compared to 10/32 on the North American tire.

Also, my testing on damp pavement for acceleration seems to indicate the compound is more geared to wet, as the 60' times are same as psas4 on my car, which has absurdly consistent 60' times. They typically vary by 0.01 second at most on same pavement, even given wild charge % differences, because the car has enough power even at 30% to spin all 4 and the computer just feeds it as much power as the tires can use. Pretty useful comparison tool for maximum traction assessment.
You can doubt as much as you want. That market has a wet season of 9 out of 12 months. There is a saying: "If Germany did not have Auto Bahn, it would be just another European country with ****ty weather."
By the way, that test was done in North Michigan, not Finland. So are you saying they imported CC2 from EU, just to test it in Michigan?

You can measure whatever you want; expert testing says they are far from the wet performance of PS4AS.

You can doubt as much as you want. That market has a wet season of 9 out of 12 months. There is a saying: "If Germany did not have Auto Bahn, it would be just another European country with ****ty weather."

You can measure whatever you want; expert testing says they are far from the wet performance of PS4AS.
Again, he tested the EU tire. Its a LRR tire. LRR tires typically give up wet traction. That said, my results apply to my car, so they matter more to me than something non-applicable, regardless.

Again, he tested the EU tire. Its a LRR tire. LRR tires typically give up wet traction. That said, my results apply to my car, so they matter more to me than something non-applicable, regardless.
The test was done in North Michigan. Get a map. It is in US. Test was done for US market.

The test was done in North Michigan. Get a map. It is in US. Test was done for US market.
I don't care where it was done. He tested the EU tire. I have the American tire. Different tread depth. Different compound. Surprise...different results. You over here talking about how my test isnt sciencey enough for you, when your "expert" is testing an entirely different tire and you're trying to correlate our results is just wild, btw.

To clarify, this is the test Im referring to:

I don't care where it was done. He tested the EU tire. I have the American tire. Different tread depth. Different compound. Surprise...different results. You over here talking about how my test isnt sciencey enough for you, when your "expert" is testing an entirely different tire and you're trying to correlate our results is just wild, btw.
It is OK, it is not like someone took lolipop from you. It is just a tire.

Back