Mag-Lite Flashlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a beta version of the light, but I don't think anything changed before they went into full production. I don't think there have been any changes since then either.

I like the Novatac lights, but as someone who fiddles I found myself constantly reprogramming the modes. While that's nice, I actually prefer a light that's more simple. The T is probably what I would personally buy, because the reason I started carrying a light is for tactical purposes, but the E model would be better for general purpose.

They're actually all the same light, just with different settings programmed into them and different switches. The P model makes it much easier to get into programming mode, while you have to click the switch something like 100 times to get into programming mode on the other lights.

The Kodak hybrids are working well for me, and so are the Duracell pre-charged NiMH. Both are made in China. Doesn't seem to affect performance.

BTW, I'm really happy with the Fenix LD20 Q5. I use it mostly in 9 lumens mode, but it really packs a punch when I need it. Very, VERY white light. I would get rid of the SOS and strobe settings if I could, though.

Duracell Pre-Charged are relabled Sanyo Eneloop cells.

SOS and strobe are annoying when you don't want them (I have never wanted SOS) but the strobe mode has come in handy for me several times.

I've never used/tested any Elektrolumens products, so I can't really give any comments on them. You can probably find some opinions on them over at candlepowerforums.

The MC-E uses 4 LED dies in one package, so the light source is quite large. That makes it difficult to focus tightly, so you may not get any more throw than a single die light with a well designed reflector, but you will get significantly more of a spillbeam.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I can, but the Fenix E20 at $38 is still something worth getting excited over.

Oh, boy. I just looked at the Fenix site, and I see what you mean. Over 100 lumens for about 90 minutes on alkies...or 3+hrs on NiMh.

Wow.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Good price.
thumbsup2.gif

Hopefully you will be impressed with it as much as I am. For a 2 AA maglight size, its amazing how bright and white the light output is.

I run mine on rechargeable MH batteries.

Please let me know your impressions.

Take care, Bill

Bill,

Got mine in the mail the other day. Wow, what a light! I like how much power this light has with only 2 AA batteries. Excellent recommendation. I think I was in the "Dark Ages" with my Maglite. Now I have some Sanyo Eneloop batteries and a charger on order. Started counting up how many battery powered devices I had and about had a fit.

Thanks again,

Ken

EXCELLENT! (whew)...
thumbsup2.gif

(I hate recommending specific items because what impresses me may not be impressive to you)

But, I really use a light a lot and the E20 is a GREAT light.

Really a WHITE light huh?
shocked2.gif

And they are built well. Makes a mag light seem like a match for output.

Plus the bulb never burns out....

Thanks for letting me know all is ok!
grin2.gif

Bill

Ok guys new problem. Bought the Fenix E20 with the intention of giving it to my wife for the glovebox. She doesn't like the black anodize finish. I don't see an equivalent flashlight on Fenix's website that is anodized a "pretty" color for women. Any recommendations on another brand that is pretty?

Thanks,

Ken

2000ltdken,

I don't know your woman. olive drab work? BTW, it's not a fashion accessory.
LOL.gif

Anyway, I bought the SureFire Dominator 10X911 in addition to the EOS headlamp.

Just got a fenix E20, what an increadible Flashlight for the money. I have a Streamlight the was 3 times the money, that isn't as bright as this flashlight.

Originally Posted By: motorcity
Just got a fenix E20, what an increadible Flashlight for the money. I have a Streamlight the was 3 times the money, that isn't as bright as this flashlight.

Amazing flashlights I would agree. It serves me well. I got three of them, two are placed for those emergency situation. I use lithium batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back