Looting in Baltimore has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rjundi
Just hope for the best no one gets really injured or killed on either side.

Unfortunately, that ship sailed early on.

Seems this Freddy Gray had ridden in a few LEO vehicles previously.

It's too bad he couldn't get things turned around in his life. I'm not going to riot, though.

March 20, 2015:
Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
March 13, 2015:
Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
January 20, 2015:
Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
January 14, 2015:
Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
December 31, 2014:
Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
December 14, 2014:
Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 31, 2014:
Illegal gambling, trespassing
January 25, 2014:
Possession of marijuana
September 28, 2013:
Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
April 13, 2012:
Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
July 16, 2008:
Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
March 28, 2008:
Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
March 14, 2008:
Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
February 11, 2008:
Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 29, 2007:
Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
August 28, 2007:
Possession of marijuana
August 23, 2007:
False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
July 16, 2007:
Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)
Source: Maryland dept. of Justice

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Reports of shots fired at the police...

Will the National Guard be called up ?

Should have been done immediately. Send them into Baltimore, and announce that looters will be shot on sight. Rioters will be disbursed using machine guns, flamethrowers, and Apache Longbows. Kill enough and the rest will fall into line.

If you're a single shop owner and you start popping rioters, what's your exit strategy? Sit on the roof and somehow peer over while covering your back with an air conditioner? Sitting in the showroom, behind the plate glass? If the business you share a wall with gets compromised, now there's rioters on the roof next to you.

Cops take a couple hours to regroup, get their tear gas and armor. This isn't new, the LA riots of the early 90s were pretty much the same, and on back.

Maryland has a dense population and lots of state police and other resources, they'll roll in soon enough. But, tomorrow, then what?

b6.jpg

00B0B_55WM90FGKgR_600x450.jpg

Originally Posted By: eljefino
If you're a single shop owner and you start popping rioters, what's your exit strategy? Sit on the roof and somehow peer over while covering your back with an air conditioner? Sitting in the showroom, behind the plate glass? If the business you share a wall with gets compromised, now there's rioters on the roof next to you.

Cops take a couple hours to regroup, get their tear gas and armor. This isn't new, the LA riots of the early 90s were pretty much the same, and on back.

Maryland has a dense population and lots of state police and other resources, they'll roll in soon enough. But, tomorrow, then what?

If I was a single shop owner and I really thought a situation like this was coming I would have filled the back room of my shop with plenty of ammo and weapons, along with getting others that would like to help me lined up. Then when rioting and looting like this broke out I would shoot to kill anyone trying to destroy my livlihood. Don't mess with my store, I don't shoot you. That seems fair.

Originally Posted By: AdRock
[If I was a single shop owner and I really thought a situation like this was coming I would have filled the back room of my shop with plenty of ammo and weapons, along with getting others that would like to help me lined up. Then when rioting and looting like this broke out I would shoot to kill anyone trying to destroy my livlihood. Don't mess with my store, I don't shoot you. That seems fair.

Claymores and M134's would seem appropriate.

The Mayor's plan is right on schedule. She had to know exactly what would happen after her speech. Not even a snail would be stupid enough not to know.

This idea that today's politicians have, that if you're nice to someone they will be nice to you has never worked in the history of mankind, never.

The idea that laws can be ignored if you don't like them because you're smarter and you have a plan does not work, either.

At least the Mayor of Baltimore can say one thing, "If you like your bag of Doritos, you can keep your bag of Doritos."

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
The Mayor's plan is right on schedule. She had to know exactly what would happen after her speech. Not even a snail would be stupid enough not to know.

This idea that today's politicians have, that if you're nice to someone they will be nice to you has never worked in the history of mankind, never.

The idea that laws can be ignored if you don't like them because you're smarter and you have a plan does not work, either.

At least the Mayor of Baltimore can say one thing, "If you like your bag of Doritos, you can keep your bag of Doritos."

Ha ha ha....that was funny.

Let's hope this all ends soon though and the filth that have looted and harmed innocent people get arrested and fully prosecuted.

These clowns are criminals just waiting for a chance.
The police need to just start shooting,violence is all these thugs understand.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
b6.jpg

00B0B_55WM90FGKgR_600x450.jpg

So his arrest record gives the cops the rights to kill him on the way to jail?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Those are not looters.
They're considered "undocumented shoppers".

lol.gif

So I have to ask....where is the pepper gas? Tear gas? Do we not know how to move people?

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Is that his actual arrest record?

What a real gem of a human being he was.

Big loss right there....huge.

Might be, but tough to say. Boy, is it out of order....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back